Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
arg7064
arg7064 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
could converter have fried my ebook?

Anyone have any ideas as to why my Sony prs505 is misbehaving? I read it all the way to Italy a coulple of weeks ago, then recharged it there on my Brookstone converter/adapter. I didn't use it again, but plugged it in back home a while ago and all it has on the screen is "Reader starting up" (not the usual first screen...)and it's been hours now and nothing more has happened. I did a soft reset (poked the hole in back) and nothing changed. Any idea if there's a way to check to see if it got fried from the converter? I wouldn't think I'd get anything on the screen at all if that were the case...
thanks for any ideas...anne
arg7064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Well, if you'd fried it, you probably wouldn't be getting even that much. Sounds like Linux is failing somewhere during startup, which usually implies data issues. Do you have a card in it now? Did you have one in when you were using it in Italy? And did you try the hole-poking repeatedly, or just once?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
If you didn't use it for a few weeks and the Reader was only in stand-by mode and not completely turned off then the battery may have discharged. Charge it overnight and all should be ok.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote