Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Question I need a good app or method for reading forums on my iPhone

I recently tried to read the MR forums on my iPhone. What a joke! I was surprised by how much panning I had to do. I thought there would be a special mobile version, but none came up when I browsed to MR in Safari. Typically I view forums via a desktop or laptop or iPad, but occasionally I do so on my iPhone. So how do you folks browse MR and other forums on your iPhone? Any good apps for this? Any top secret urls for when MR doesn't reroute my iPhone to a mobile version?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Don't know how well it works, but MR is compatible with Tapatalk...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapa...307880732?mt=8
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Don't know how well it works, but MR is compatible with Tapatalk...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapa...307880732?mt=8
Thanks, I saw that in my Google searches. I will check it out. Cool, I just noticed your updated avatar with Halloween theme.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-16-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I use Tapatalk for a couple of forums. It lacks some options that a browser has, so it's not great for making posts, but it's good for reading new posts on threads you are following during the day.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can also try m.mobileread.mobi
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You can also try m.mobileread.mobi
Thanks! That is much better, but still not very good on a phone. But I bookmarked it in case I need to use my iPhone to read the forums.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #7
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
I use tapatalk on all my mobile devices and it works very well for me.
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:03 AM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Tapatalk really is the only decent solution for phone. Theres also something called ForumRunner but I gave up on that in its early days. It may have improved.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Another vote for TapaTalk. I use it on my iPhone and iPad mini.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote