Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-04-2024, 03:13 PM   #1
rnaniqw2
rnaniqw2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW3
Janky Discord Client on Kindle (Intermediate Version)

Hello! This is my first post ever, so I do apologize for any mistakes. For those of you who want easy communication with your hacked kindle, here it is!
I am also going to release a Beginner Version, which will dumb everything down, and will include all downloads.
**NOTE** You will need to have knowledge of basic linux, APIs, and overall Kindle and computer mechanics. If you dont think you can do this, I recommend you learn some of this stuff, because you can seriously break your kindle.

Steps:

1. Jailbreak your Kindle. This depends on your model of Kindle, and you should search up "<yourmodel> Jailbreak" on MobileRead forums.
2. Install KUAL. If your jailbreak did not already have you do this, I would once again recommend searching up "Kual" on MobileRead forums.
2a. Install Kterm. Search instructions for your model of kindle.
3. Use KUAL to install accidental IRC. Going on MobileRead and searching "accirc" will give you the right thread, download it from there and install it.
4. Create the Discord Bot for IRC. Follow the README.md on https://github.com/reactiflux/discord-irc for instructions. Make sure to give the bot Administrator role on your discord server.
5. Create an IRC channel. Go to irc.mr.gd (MobileReads IRC Chat Server), and where it says #mobileread, replace it with something not easily guessable (for example #dingus).
6. Create a file called config.json, and add the following contents, substituting for your exact setup.
{
"nickname": "BOTNAME",
"server": "irc.mr.gd",
"discordToken": "DISCORDBOTTOKEN",
"channelMapping": {
"#general": "#IRCNAME"
}
}
7. Run the following command: discord-irc --config /path/to/config.json
8. Modify the accirc config file, I will add a seperate tutorial with more detail later.
Do this in the config file:
Replace #mobileread with whatever #name you chose.
8a. Launch accirc on the kindle.
9. Test it! Go on discord, type a message in your discord server, and it should appear on the Kindle! Type something on the kindle, and it will appear on the Discord!
SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON
rnaniqw2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discord, irc, kindle, kual