Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Ncage1974
Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle3 + MobiPocket Reader Software

Hey guys i just got my kindle3 and have sucessfully used it to covert my chm files and transfer them to my kindle. The problem i'm having is when i tell it to transfer them to my kindle it created an ebooks folder and puts the documents in there rather than put them in the regular documents folder. If i move the documents from ebooks to documents i can see them but otherwise i can't. How can i either see the books in the ebooks folder or how can i get the mobipocket software to transfer the books to the documents folder?

thanks...
Ncage1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You can't use Mobipocket software to copy stuff to Kindle. There was an older version that sort of worked, but it isn't recommended.

Just drag and drop the files into the "documents" folder on the Kindle.

If the files are Mobipocket DRMed files, it won't work at all.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Ncage1974
Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ncage1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks susan for the reply. I guess the way i was doing it is the way it needs to be done . To be honest with you the only reason i even downloaded the software was so i could transfer my CHM files to my kindle. I don't even really know that much about the software or how it works.

I really didn't think i would like the kindle3 as much as i do. Most of my reading is tech related. So far every pdf i have sent through papercrop has looked pretty good and my chm our turning out good through mobireader too.

If only i can find a way now to download my blogs and read them offline
Ncage1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncage1974 View Post
Thanks susan for the reply. I guess the way i was doing it is the way it needs to be done . To be honest with you the only reason i even downloaded the software was so i could transfer my CHM files to my kindle. I don't even really know that much about the software or how it works.

I really didn't think i would like the kindle3 as much as i do. Most of my reading is tech related. So far every pdf i have sent through papercrop has looked pretty good and my chm our turning out good through mobireader too.

If only i can find a way now to download my blogs and read them offline
There's some PDF's that work fairly well. I've had decent luck with it. But, there are some that I've had a pickle of a time trying to get them to be read-able.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote