Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Midnight in Paris (SHORT STORY)

Unable to attend the recent meeting in Paris, I settled for second best and wrote myself a story about Paris instead

Meet Jeff, bleary eyed visitor taken from the tourist line by a mysterious woman who introduces him to a Paris he never knew he sought. A Paris of poets and ghosts, of midnight meetings where the invited guests are as surprising as any you may encounter.

Quote:
To the right of the Mona Lisa’s smile, Jeff Godfrey noticed another, just as enigmatic curl of lips.

The woman might have been a Louvre exhibit herself she was so poised. A statue, still as Greek marble. Her eyes brushstroke green as if Degas had picked her as canvas.

Her smile grew wider. She nodded in Jeff’s direction.

AVAILABLE NOW AT FEEDBOOKS IN ALL MAJOR EBOOK FORMATS

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-20-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oh brilliant ! that sounds wonderful ! i can't wait to read it. thank you for sharing it !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fantastic! I've been waiting for something more

Now, I just have to figure out when your "sometime tonight" is... Let's see.. add 9 hours for Paris and only 8 hours for the UK, right? So my 6PM Sunday night is your 2 AM Monday? OK, whatever, I'll just start checking after we come in tonight.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

I'm hoping for before Midnight tonight... or...ooh maybe on the stroke of Midnight, that would be cool
Old 04-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm hoping for before Midnight tonight... or...ooh maybe on the stroke of Midnight, that would be cool
what about on the stroke of midnight in paris ?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what about on the stroke of midnight in paris ?
That would be a grand idea. Now if I can just get my day-to-day chores out of the way, I might be able to make that time

Oh, and here's the almost finalised cover for the 1st short story collection I'll be uploading soon on Feedbooks (there's another to come after that, and the Novel if I can keep my everyday life from interrupting).

Last edited by Moejoe; 04-19-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
That would be a grand idea. Now if I can just get my day-to-day chores out of the way, I might be able to make that time
well, midnight in paris does give you an extra hour compared to midnight in the uk... so it should be no trouble, right ?
Old 04-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, midnight in paris does give you an extra hour compared to midnight in the uk... so it should be no trouble, right ?
I was working the opposite way around, so yeah, that's cool. It'll be Midnight in Paris when I release Midnight in Paris...that's the kind of poetic coincidence I love
Old 04-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I was working the opposite way around, so yeah, that's cool. It'll be Midnight in Paris when I release Midnight in Paris...that's the kind of poetic coincidence I love
me too.

(just sitting here, with one eye on the clock... no pressure, though, right ? )
Old 04-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

and i just saw your new cover for the story collection !! i LOVE it !!!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Looks like it's going to be after Midnight in Paris, when I release Midnight in Paris. Just checked the time, and I thought I had more than I've got.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

okay, well you just let us know when it's up. we'll agree to call it midnight even if it's 12:55.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned

Okay it's up at Feedbooks - http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/5190
Old 04-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Going over now to grab it. Thanks!!

Still have to finish the yard work before dinner prep and then looking forward to quiet time tonight to read it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

just in time ! thanks !! can't wait to read it.