Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
palmsolo
palmsolo began at the beginning.

Device: B&N NOOKcolor
Thanks to Mobile Tech Review I now have a red PRS-600

I had a Kindle 2 and have a Sony 505 and was thinking about waiting for the Sony Daily Edition with wireless capability. However, after having a Kindle 1 then 2 for a year I rarely even used the wireless and prefer to have my books backed up on my PC or Mac where no one can take them back. Lisa's review over at Mobile Tech Review pushed me over the top after I saw the display was completely different than the lame 700 so I ordered my red Touch Edition last week. It arrived yesterday and I posted some first thoughts on my ZDNet site.

I am VERY impressed with the Touch Edition and the red actually looks fantastic. IMHO, the Sony Readers feel so much better in my hand than either the Kindle 1 or 2.

I am now thinking fo getting an official Sony case with a light or the M-Edge Executive Leather Case that is on sale for only $15 and fits the 600
palmsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Funny, your review on your ZDnet site uses much of the exact same text as this review.

http://www.taranfx.com/blog/?p=1808

I don't know if you're taranfx, although your English seems better, but someone has copied someone here, it's obvious.

Last edited by khalleron; 09-03-2009 at 07:48 PM.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
get the medge, you wont be disappointed.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
palmsolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Funny, your review on your ZDnet site uses much of the exact same text as this review.

http://www.taranfx.com/blog/?p=1808

I don't know if you're taranfx, although your English seems better, but someone has copied someone here, it's obvious.
Hmm, that copying of my review doesn't make me very happy. I don't see a single photo of the Reader 600 on that review and wonder if the person even has touched the device yet. I especially find it odd they copied my personal experience statements such as, "The black sleeve is similar to the case that came with first Sony PSP." and "Even though the second generation Amazon Kindle is a much improved piece of hardware over the first generation, IMHO these Sony Reader devices still are even better, rock solid devices. I was very pleased to see that the PRS-600 has about the same dimensions as the 505."

Holy smokes, I read through the whole "review" over there and this guy ripped off just about everything I wrote. I can't believe someone would copy everything, even my personal experiences that have nothing to do with that particular person. I emailed them and also alerted the ZDNet and CBS Interactive legal teams to have it removed immediatly.

Very poor taste to plagiarize someone's work and a bit ironic that they did it with an ebook reader. I wonder if there is any original content on that site?

Last edited by palmsolo; 09-04-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Indeed, it's more than poor taste.

I note that he's now added this line "Credits to ZDnet (for similar review), SonyStyle.com (for photos)". Not nearly enough - he should take the review down - it's not his work.

Glad I could alert you to this.
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
palmsolo

They took out all of my copied text and added some other thoughts that are quite different than mine so I am fine with this. They did link back to my original review as well so I appreciate that.

Not a good thing to copy other's work, but at least they took quick action to remove the copied text and try to resolve the issue.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmsolo View Post
They took out all of my copied text and added some other thoughts that are quite different than mine so I am fine with this. They did link back to my original review as well so I appreciate that.

Not a good thing to copy other's work, but at least they took quick action to remove the copied text and try to resolve the issue.
Wow, plagiarism of a review of a Reader device. That's wrong on SO many levels!
Old 09-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
khalleron
Kate

So back to the original topic - great review!

And the M-edge case is wonderful. I have the red one and am coveting the gray/black one.