Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #61
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiske View Post
And battery life is improved, page turn button works much better, in the 2 days I have not have one single pageturn press that don't turn the page. Where the old fw did register(green light) but did not turn..
With the new firmware I got a "double click" on the enter button and that has never happened with the old firmware. I wonder if the fix they have done to get it more responsive is to just increase the sample time in some way and not handling pressing some buttons fast two times in a row.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #62
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't know why copying the file directly from the Mac didn't work. Sounds as though the file was perhaps being corrupted in some way.
Hi all!

I just did the update from my Mac and I had no problem at all. I downloaded the new build to the Macbook, copied it to the SD card on an external card reader (the card with all my books on it). Put it back in the cybook, followed Derek's instructions and it worked like a charm!

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #63
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Hi all!

I just did the update from my Mac and I had no problem at all. I downloaded the new build to the Macbook, copied it to the SD card on an external card reader (the card with all my books on it). Put it back in the cybook, followed Derek's instructions and it worked like a charm!

Regards,

Georges
Hehehe .. just goes to show it all makes no sense! .. these are the same machines all behaving differently!

Glad you got it working ok tho that way .. from now on I'll stick to directly to the card in the Cybook .. but I did it fine the other way last time so who knows what might work?! Lol

Gill
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #64
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiske View Post
Been running the new fw for 2 days now..

... page turn button works much better, in the 2 days I have not have one single pageturn press that don't turn the page. Where the old fw did register(green light) but did not turn..

Pdf is still funky though.

/M
Unfortunately the page turning 'bug' I had is still there .. it was exactly as you described and remains so after 'update' also ..

Battery seems fine tho .. but it was already fine so no change ..

So many variables of the same things! .. very strange ..

Gill
Old 06-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #65
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Hi all!

Regards,

Georges
Georges,

I'm so happy to hear this! Great news and enjoy your Cybook!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #66
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
Unfortunately the page turning 'bug' I had is still there .. it was exactly as you described and remains so after 'update' also ..

Battery seems fine tho .. but it was already fine so no change ..

So many variables of the same things! .. very strange ..

Gill
Gill,

Don't feel bad. I'm nursing a broken Cybook (see attached image) that I picked up on eBay. I'll probably have to send it in for a display repair/replacement, but I'm going to tinker with it a bit first - see if maybe a complete restore of the firmware files might not help.

But even if I *do* have to send it in, between what it cost me on eBay and what a screen replacement runs, I'll be far ahead of the game.

Derek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AAABrokenCybook.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	13912  
Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #67
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
For me, still missing page turns with what appear to be the same frequency. I have also experienced the "double click" of the enter button.

Still too early to tell about battery life......

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #68
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Gill,

Don't feel bad. I'm nursing a broken Cybook (see attached image) that I picked up on eBay. I'll probably have to send it in for a display repair/replacement, but I'm going to tinker with it a bit first - see if maybe a complete restore of the firmware files might not help.

But even if I *do* have to send it in, between what it cost me on eBay and what a screen replacement runs, I'll be far ahead of the game.

Derek
yikes! that is extremely broken! .. hope you get it all sorted out soon enuf!

Gill
Old 06-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #69
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
yikes! that is extremely broken! .. hope you get it all sorted out soon enuf!

Gill
I think Derek means that he bought it "broken" .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #70
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think Derek means that he bought it "broken" .
I think he means it's "brokeen".
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #71
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboards View Post
I think he means it's "brokeen".
Good one! However, no, this one I purchased "broken". But even with the cost to win on eBay and the cost to have it repaired, I've managed to get another Cybook for under $200. I'm happy.

Derek
Old 07-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #72
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
I've done the firmware update.

Now, do I have to leave that file in the root directory of my SD card?
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #73
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladtobemom View Post
I've done the firmware update.

Now, do I have to leave that file in the root directory of my SD card?
No, you can delete it.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:07 AM   #74
wizard327
wizard327 began at the beginning.

Device: EBW1150, Kaiser,Iphone,CybookGen3
Never experienced the " Double Click Enter" and missing page turns since I upgraded to 708. My Cybook is behaving beautifully
wizard327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #75
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The new firmware seems to have improved saving the last read page when the battery level drops to zero: whereas in the previous firmware versions it would jump back a good 100 page turns or so, with the new firmware, it only jumped back to the last saved position. (And yes, I'm way too lazy to add bookmarks every couple of page turns )
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote