Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Marquard
White is better in bright sunlight. Black heats up uncomfortably.
Guys! I have to warn you about the contrast between eink and a white frame.

Try to find a Sony and read with it for a while. Since eink's contrast ratio is weak, one has a tendancy to light the screen more, especially at night. In those conditions even the reflexion from the light bouncing off your hands is tiring. I would imagine a white frame to be even more annoying while reading for long periods.

But chalk this up to tired 50 year old eyes.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #17
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
RE: NAEB ebook reader

We will find out soon enough. Bookeen has informed us that we will have our sample units on or about May 15th. Yay!

Of course, the actual formats we're going to be able to support right away is still tentative, but it's looking like PDF, TXT, RTF and HTML. And we should be adding formats about one or two every two to three months as they develope the viewer updates.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Guys! I have to warn you about the contrast between eink and a white frame.

Try to find a Sony and read with it for a while. Since eink's contrast ratio is weak, one has a tendancy to light the screen more, especially at night. In those conditions even the reflexion from the light bouncing off your hands is tiring. I would imagine a white frame to be even more annoying while reading for long periods.

But chalk this up to tired 50 year old eyes.

Last edited by delphidb96; 04-24-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Misinformation.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Do you know if the RTF interpreter will is supposed to support in-line images, Derek?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #19
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

RTF in-line images

Don't know yet. I will check it out when we get our sample units. Thanks for reminding me.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Do you know if the RTF interpreter will is supposed to support in-line images, Derek?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:13 PM   #20
roncri
Enthusiast
roncri began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96
We will find out soon enough. Bookeen has informed us that we will have our sample units on or about May 15th. Yay!
Did I miss something? What happened to
Quote:
Sometime in April, hopefully *EARLY* April, I will receive two of the customized devices from Bookeen. A
roncri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bookeen ran into some sort of issue on their end, evidently.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:34 AM   #22
delphidb96
Wizard

Re: Bookeen samples delivery date.

Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to save our shekels for mid-May.

Sorry for the delay. And I don't know what is causing it. I'm not going to speculate, just keep saving my dollars.

Derek

Quote:
Bookeen ran into some sort of issue on their end, evidently.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #23
roncri
Enthusiast
roncri began at the beginning.

Quote:
Ours is not to wonder why, ours is but to save our shekels for mid-May.

Sorry for the delay. And I don't know what is causing it. I'm not going to speculate, just keep saving my dollars.

Derek
My dollars are saved, what I don't have is anything to spend them on.
roncri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist

As of this past weekend, NAEB is reporting 405 signups. If anyone's been holding out til they got closer to 500, now's the time to pile on.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 AM   #25
delphidb96
Wizard

NAEB and the 405 mark.

Naturally, being a corporate officer of NAEB, I urge people to do so as well.

However, I fully understand if some (many?) still want to wait until we get our sample/eval units and give a complete review. Please note that entering your name and email address through the NAEB signup page does *NOT* commit you to buy one. Nope. That commitment won't come until you actually plunk money down and we're not ready to ask for money at this point.

Derek Benner

Quote:
As of this past weekend, NAEB is reporting 405 signups. If anyone's been holding out til they got closer to 500, now's the time to pile on.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #26
delphidb96
Wizard

And the money's away! Sample NAEB ebook readers should be in the grubby little hands of our corporate officers (that includes me) by mid-May - give or take a couple of days!

Hooray! And as soon as I can test out various features, write up my thoughts and take pictures, I'll be posting them.

Derek Benner
Old 05-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #27
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
... Of course, the actual formats we're going to be able to support right away is still tentative, but it's looking like PDF, TXT, RTF and HTML....
Don't forget to check for images in HTML as well. Alternative fonts?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #28
Rob Woodford
eBook Enthusiast
Rob Woodford began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I tried to register on their forum (at www.naebllc.com) but only got the first email saying I'll get another email. Nothing after a week.....

Does anyone know how to contact their sys admin or whoever is running that board?

Rob
Rob Woodford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #29
delphidb96
Wizard

Registering at NAEB's forum

Rob,

We've been having problems with auto-spammers at the forum, so we went with the whole 'you have to respond to the email before we believe you are not a spam-bot' routine for registering people. Sorry for the difficulty - we're working on it.

Once you're registered there, feel free to express your opinions at the NAEB ebook reader concept and all that.

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Woodford
I tried to register on their forum (at www.naebllc.com) but only got the first email saying I'll get another email. Nothing after a week.....

Does anyone know how to contact their sys admin or whoever is running that board?

Rob
Old 05-14-2007, 12:53 PM   #30
delphidb96
Wizard

A quick heads-up. We've started the process to purchase our sample/evaluation units. Now it's a matter of 'hurry up and wait' until we get them into our hands and can give a complete review.

Derek (NAEB LLC)