Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2023, 09:40 PM   #16
ed_williams
ed_williams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (6th gen)
Spoke too soon. Haven't managed another download. Also tried another one of the AP's around my property. Same problems.
ed_williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 02:10 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Maybe the wifi card on the kindle is starting to go bad.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 03:20 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Maybe the wifi card on the kindle is starting to go bad.
Except it is happening with more than one Kindle.

To me it points to some issue with the WAP and not the Kindles, but apparently iPhone hotspot has similar issue.

I would suggest finding another place to get on WiFi and see if the issues persist there.

If that works, could hook up another, used router/WAP (e.g. wire it to an ethernet port on the main one) and use that for the Kindles.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 06:06 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I suggest creating a guest SSID with no encryption and see if it work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 07:55 PM   #20
ed_williams
ed_williams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (6th gen)
I traded in one of my three older Paperwhites for an 11th generation one. It works perfectly with my wifi (as do the 20+ other devices on this network).

It seems more like a server client communication problem to me - why else would it work some of the time and then only very slowly? It's the timeouts that cause the ultimate failures.

It can't be the kindle hardware - three wouldn't die simultaneously. If it is a problem with my wifi setup, why does it work with the new kindle and everything else I own?
ed_williams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, paperwhite