Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Apparently the CyBook, being female prefers a well endowed USB connector.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
It's the thickness that causes the problem, rather than the length . Because the CyBook's USB socket is recessed somewhat from the edge of the casing. If you have a cable whose plug is too thick, it catches on the case edge and won't go into the socket.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
Ivoch
Enthusiast
Ivoch began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think someone missed a joke here somewhere
Ivoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #19
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Actually this is a case where bigger, or thicker, isn't better. If the USB connector is too thick, there is no connection. Romantic or otherwise.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Hmnnn... Harry ---- Jokes

Just don't fit too well.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you're referring to the analogy being made with the act of sexual intercourse I did of course "spot" that, but there are some things that a gentleman does not say! I was merely correcting Bob's assertion that "length matters". It's more a case of "width matters". If it's too wide, it won't go in.

... and far be it from me to be referring to anything other than USB cables!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #22
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I came back to this thread to report I went shopping on eBay and got a UK wall plug that will take a USB connection for £1.49. (I ended up with 2, one of them I'll drop off in the states).

Earlier in the week Lidl were doing car chargers for mobile phones... and the tips for the car charger were interchangable with a USB cable I bought for my phone.

So now I have a car charger, wall socket, and USB cable, and I have tips for my Cybook, Mobile Phone, X5L. And the whole lot cost about 8 quid I think

I will not make mention of the innuendo. However I've found with the cable I was using it's not so much that it's too big and it won't work. It's more that I had to slide it in slowly and carefully, and gently work it around until she (the Cybook of course) lit up.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote