Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Janephew91
Janephew91 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Epub check warning, help!

I have checked and rechecked to make sure that these files are declared in the OPF file. As far as I can tell they are all listed in the manifest. All of the files in the manifest are effected though, I just included a handful of them.

This is my third epub and haven't had issues like this before. I use ID CS4 if that helps at all.

While searching the forum I found a possibility that there were invisible files since I am using a mac but there are none.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much for your help!

WARNING: /Users/ka/Documents/SG/SG1epub/2/book.epub: item (OEBPS/SG16.xhtml) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: /Users/ka/Documents/SG/SG1epub/2/book.epub: item (OEBPS/SG17.xhtml) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: /Users/ka/Documents/SG/SG1epub/2/book.epub: item (OEBPS/SG18.xhtml) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: /Users/ka/Documents/SG/SG1epub/2/book.epub: item (OEBPS/SG21.xhtml) exists in the zip file, but is not declared in the OPF file
Janephew91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is likely that the case of the filenames is different. ePub file names are case sensitive.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Janephew91
Janephew91 began at the beginning.

Device: none
All of the cases for the filenames are correct so I don't think that's the problem

Thank you Dale for the suggestion though, I wish that would've cleared things up.
Janephew91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Well, try Sigil. Pull the file inside and then run the internal check. It may be that Sigil will fix it while loading or show you more precisely what is wrong. It is a free download and there is a forum on this web site.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub check, error, warning