Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
CM7 and stock--easy access?

I was reading somewhere (maybe BN forums) and got the impression that there was a way to keep the CM7 card in your Nook Color and be able to choose which ROM to use (is that the right word?) when you turned on your NC. Have I been totally oblivious all this time? Is there a way to keep my card in my NC and still get the stock program if I want it? I got the impression that you held down the N button when turning on the NC and you would be able to choose. But if that is right then I can't figure it out. And I really don't want to mess anything up So, thanks for the info and for straightening me out!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
oppy
Connoisseur
oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Color
Yep, hold the n button when powering up. You'll get a bootloader screen where you can select where to boot from - either the SD card or emmc.
oppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once I get off work, I will have to try this!

Mary
Old 01-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
If you have an "old" version of CM7 loader (if that's the correct terminology - probably not...) this might not work. "Old" in this case would probably be around spring/summer 2011, but that's just a guess.
Not too hard to update to newer version though, if needed.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
Once I get off work, I will have to try this!

Mary
Did it work for you? How recent is your CM7? XDA has a boot menu program for the older versions if you need it.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
rxmom03
Addict

Bummer, apparently I have the older version. So where can I find instructions on how to update my microSD? And please remember, I know enough to follow directions and that's about it

Mary
Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
oppy
Connoisseur
oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmom03 View Post
So where can I find instructions on how to update my microSD?
Taosaur, a user here, has a blog with lots of easy to understand info. Just find one of his posts - I'm pretty sure there's a link on his sig.

Also, there's lots of technical information over at XDA-developers.
oppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Here's my SD card update guide: http://taosaur.blogspot.com/2011/10/...ook-color.html

Hope it helps.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
rxmom03
Addict

Thanks! I see this will be my project next week while I am off

Mary
Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #10
rxmom03
Addict

OK, when I look at my microSD card I see 6 files. MLO, u-boot.bin, uImage, rRamdisk, uRecImg and uRecRam. I'm guessing that u-boot.bin is where I want the zipped folders to go, but would like confirmation from someone before I do that

Mary
Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #11
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Just put them on the card. Don't unzip them, don't change any files on the card.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
rxmom03
Addict

It works perfectly! And karma to you!

Mary