Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
^^

Last edited by llcj; 12-08-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
I would sign a petition stating that I don't care to have this and would rather that developers spend time on features I do care about about which I do care.
I feel you are being disingenuous as i have never seen a single post people saying they don't want folder support or complaining that the device has it so you have been revealed.

In fact this a majority want and I feel your merely being contrary for the sake of being contrary as in attention seeker.https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/thumbsup.gif
Old 12-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Quote:
i will not buy kobo until i get folder support and they can take and shove it.
No-one cares. Get over it.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #19
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugitan
In fact this a majority want and I feel your merely being contrary for the sake of being contrary as in attention seeker.
Really? A majority want? Fascinating. Could you please post your market research? I would love to see your figures on this. (And I'm serious. Post your research. If it backs you up I will happily concede your point.)

While I am well aware of the benefits of folder support (the method of organization present on my iAudio 7 DAP) with the addition of shelves in 2.1.5 it is extremely low on my wish list for Kobo. Especially as I understand that the 2.2.x series is working on improved shelf support with organization by series.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #20
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
I feel you are being disingenuous as i have never seen a single post people saying they don't want folder support or complaining that the device has it so you have been revealed.
If you go back far enough in the archives, you can probably find posts saying this. I do remember as far back as when the original Kobo was released, people arguing for collections support rather than folder support. There are some nice benefits to collections.

From reading through this thread, it doesn't seem that you would be happy with a Kobo even if they do add your desired folder support. Perhaps consider the new front lit Cybook Odyssey? From my imperfect recollection, I think Odysseys are folder based.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #21
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I have never seen a single post by anyone saying that they don't want a snack dispensing feature on their Kobo. Clearly then this is being dmenaded by the majority. We should organize a petition to DEMAND that Kobo developers immediately provide an upgrade to include a snack dispensing feature.

And, I have never seen a complaint about the potato chips being dispensed from a Kobo, so that must obviously be the preferred snack.

Quote:
In fact this a majority want and I feel your merely being contrary for the sake of being contrary as in attention seeker.
Indeed, I can't find a long history of posts demanding that Kobo not include folder support. So there you go, you got me. I am an attention seeker and have stuffed this thread with my sock puppets Peter T, opitz, meeera, voidoid, TechniSol, davidfor, murg, david_e, frankieGom, llcj, EldRick, ottodmk, and viviena. In fact this thread is nothing but you and I.

And I am not being contrary.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:51 AM   #22
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Hey, put me down for that snack dispenser! Obviously, it must be Salt & Vinegar chips as no one has previously posted they do not want salt & vinegar... While we're at it, I'd like my android phone to dispense Diet A&W Cream Soda to go with the afore mentioned chips, and possibly some carrot slices. I'm going to need to upgrade to a Glo as I am terrified to use my Touch to slice carrots in the dark!

-Your Loyal Sock Puppet, er not.

I am not being contrary either, I am being wholeheartedly and openly facetious whilst simultaneously treating the subject with far more gravity than it does, in fact, deserve.

PS Vugtitan, best of luck holding your breath, I'm certain Kobo will blink first.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #23
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
If you go back far enough in the archives, you can probably find posts saying this. I do remember as far back as when the original Kobo was released, people arguing for collections support rather than folder support. There are some nice benefits to collections.

From reading through this thread, it doesn't seem that you would be happy with a Kobo even if they do add your desired folder support. Perhaps consider the new front lit Cybook Odyssey? From my imperfect recollection, I think Odysseys are folder based.
People always don't know what is best for them.That is why we have governments to decide for us.

I had a look at the Cybook Odyssey and by Small Gods it's a more than a bit ugly with those horrible curved sides and the big bezel at the bottom making it look like a very old fashioned Victorian era relic.

I fear my hands would not be able to hold it as it gives the impression you would need desparate dan sized hands to hold it comfortably for any length of time and you certainly can't put it in a pocket.

It looks very uncool and as life is all about image nowadays as MTV testifies daily to the world I fear this would be a waste of money as well suffering from a social stigma.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
vugtitan
Addict

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
I have never seen a single post by anyone saying that they don't want a snack dispensing feature on their Kobo. Clearly then this is being dmenaded by the majority. We should organize a petition to DEMAND that Kobo developers immediately provide an upgrade to include a snack dispensing feature.

And, I have never seen a complaint about the potato chips being dispensed from a Kobo, so that must obviously be the preferred snack.

Indeed, I can't find a long history of posts demanding that Kobo not include folder support. So there you go, you got me. I am an attention seeker and have stuffed this thread with my sock puppets Peter T, opitz, meeera, voidoid, TechniSol, davidfor, murg, david_e, frankieGom, llcj, EldRick, ottodmk, and viviena. In fact this thread is nothing but you and I.

And I am not being contrary.
It is possible you may be " 13 internet buddies" and are merely scratching each others backs in mutual support.This could also be a bandwagon effect.

It is well known that an underdog can gather support even though he may in error.

Last edited by vugtitan; 12-09-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #25
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Really? A majority want? Fascinating. Could you please post your market research? I would love to see your figures on this. (And I'm serious. Post your research. If it backs you up I will happily concede your point.)

While I am well aware of the benefits of folder support (the method of organization present on my iAudio 7 DAP) with the addition of shelves in 2.1.5 it is extremely low on my wish list for Kobo. Especially as I understand that the 2.2.x series is working on improved shelf support with organization by series.
i did market research on me and i wanted folder support.you admit you are aware.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #26
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
People always don't know what is best for them.That is why we have governments to decide for us.
Well, you don't know either what's better for others. I like my government *blinking* Please, ignore last phrase, my brain has just come back.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 12-09-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
i did market research on me and i wanted folder support.you admit you are aware.
In that case, the market research I just conducted says that folder support is not very desirable. And the thread seems to agree with me.

And before you say anything about jumping on the bandwagon, have a look at my posting history. Several times in the last few weeks I have stated the things I want out of Kobo: a series list and an author list. Both
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
BWinmill
Nameless Being

How to ask for something ...

How to ask for something:

1. Ask politely.
2. Emphasize how your request compliments the needs of others.
3. Say as much as needs to be said, but no more.

Personally, I would love to organize books by folders. Personally, I would love to avoid tools like calibre to get the job done. On the other hand, I am not going to phrase a wish as a demand because I recognize that other people have other priorities and I feel that it is more appropriate to treat people respectfully.

Last edited by BWinmill; 12-09-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Fixed choice of words, because one word can make a difference.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
With credit to JK Rowling, I'd suggest a reader that chooses its owner, not the other way round.
I would like to amend my suggestion. Before your reader is allowed to choose you, you must be accepted by the group. Interview, talent, and for a select few, to prove how truly serious you are, an act of ritual self-sacrifice.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #30
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
As you can see, I added a bandwagon, unfortunately, it is small and can only hold a stringed quartet. But I am hoping someone else will bring another bandwagon, perhaps carrying Coldplay, or if they have enough money, the Rolling Stones.

I agree that people always don't know what is best for them. However, the government is equally bad at knowing what is good for people. This is why you need to just defer to my judgement, as it is actually correct.

First, folder support is un-needed,
Second, a snack dispenser is absolutely required, although I am researching the optimal flavour,
Third, I you need to dye your hair bright blue. Take my word for it; it is best for you.
Closed Thread

Tags
explorer, folder support, fozzy bear, navigation, work