Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
i find the back too slippery

and uncomfortable to hold.

any cheap solutions? aint got the money (or grammer).

kindle 2 that is.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Decalgirl skins are fairly inexpensive - and (IMHO) give a secure hold on the K2.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Silicone skin?

I've grown really happy with using one for my Sony reader. I don't like the bulk of an ordinary cover, but the skin gives a nice secure grip, and it doesn't slide around when I put it down.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Cheapest solution, go to the local fabric store and see what they have in terms of tiny velcro strips and think foam/lycra/rubber/wetsuit material. Stick the velcro on the Kindle and the rubber/foam sides and join them.

Alternatively just glue the rubber/foam on but that could be far messier. velcro is safer for the device I would think.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
when Amazon dropped the replaceable battery and the optional SD card, they really missed their stride on both options, BUT! changing the back of the device was definetly a screwup! the K1 has a very highly textured rubber back that feels very secure just sitting on your fingertips. the decal girl skins are nice, I have them on both of my Kindles, but I think if you are at all concerned, go with a silicone cover
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
and uncomfortable to hold.

any cheap solutions? aint got the money (or grammer).

kindle 2 that is.
I thought the same thing. GelaSkins Protective Kindle Skin were my solution. They cost $19.99 + $5.58 S&H for a total of $25.57.

A cheaper solution might be to put some thin strips of electrical tape on the back. I wouldn't go with masking tape, because it would quickly become too hard to peel off.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote