Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you were to pay the US price for the deluxe package, you'd be paying about 624SGD. This is where the pricing goes wrong (IMHO).
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:32 AM   #47
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
It's one of these mysterious things we'll never find out. Sometimes you can click on an item in a drop down list and it can select something else, due to the delay between releasing the mouse button, and the list disappearing. I've had it happen at work where we're using a terminal input into a windows system - i.e. there's a lag between doing something and the screen updating.
It could be the mouse software too. I've got a consistent problem with my mouse. Occasionally, two or three times an hour, I'll click somewhere on my screen and the pointer will jump vertically, and THEN activate the click. Somehow the actual pointer gets disconnected from where the wheel puts it, and the click command resets it. I've had lots of strange things get selected, especially when I'm grabbing books to put on hold from our local library - the pointer jumps up and grabs a different book from the list. Unless I notice it, I end up with a strange book waiting for me.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #48
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
It could be the mouse software too. I've got a consistent problem with my mouse. Occasionally, two or three times an hour, I'll click somewhere on my screen and the pointer will jump vertically, and THEN activate the click. Somehow the actual pointer gets disconnected from where the wheel puts it, and the click command resets it.
I have the same problem . Though often the cursor ' jumps ' without any help from me !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
It could be the mouse software too. I've got a consistent problem with my mouse. Occasionally, two or three times an hour, I'll click somewhere on my screen and the pointer will jump vertically, and THEN activate the click. Somehow the actual pointer gets disconnected from where the wheel puts it, and the click command resets it. I've had lots of strange things get selected, especially when I'm grabbing books to put on hold from our local library - the pointer jumps up and grabs a different book from the list. Unless I notice it, I end up with a strange book waiting for me.
i've noticed this with my optical mouse... i think maybe some dust gets in the red eye sensor and reflects the pointer somewhere different. my pointer also sometimes will randomly jump to the other side of the screen, but this never happened before when i had a trackball. usually i can fix it by blowing on the sensor to remove any theoretical dust...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've noticed this with my optical mouse... i think maybe some dust gets in the red eye sensor and reflects the pointer somewhere different. my pointer also sometimes will randomly jump to the other side of the screen, but this never happened before when i had a trackball. usually i can fix it by blowing on the sensor to remove any theoretical dust...
Does your mouse pad have any black on it? if so, the optical sesor might be skipping as you go over the black bits.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #51
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does your mouse pad have any black on it? if so, the optical sesor might be skipping as you go over the black bits.
aha ! that's good to know. that could be the case now, as i had to start using a mousepad when i got my new desk (for some reason, it had a hard time following on this color, which is a medium to light wood color), and the one i had lying around has a black and white photo screened on it. however it happened on my old desk as well, with no mousepad at all, and that desk was a very light (almost white) wood color. so i still think dust refracting the angle of the laser (or whatever it is...) might be at least part of the problem. maybe i should find a new mousepad though, with no black in it....

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 03-24-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: 300 posts !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:55 AM   #52
Zabuton
Zabuton began at the beginning.

Device: BB8800/Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I have the same problem . Though often the cursor ' jumps ' without any help from me !
That would be a USB mouse... It does that when the CPU is too busy or some other USB devices decides to get busy..

I still prefer PS/2 mouses, but laptops don't support PS/2
Zabuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have a laptop in which the mouse pointer v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y drifts to the left if you leave it alone. That's VERY annoying. I must try replacing the mouse; presumably that's where the problem lies. It's an optical mouse.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:20 AM   #54
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have a laptop in which the mouse pointer v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y drifts to the left if you leave it alone. That's VERY annoying. I must try replacing the mouse; presumably that's where the problem lies. It's an optical mouse.
You should google on that because I seem to remember it is a common problem. I do not think it is the mouse. For Dell computers there are theories that it is the "stick pointer" that can cause the problem.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:36 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I'll try doing that. It's a Sony laptop which has a "touch pad", but I'm using a USB Microsoft optical mouse with it. My Dell desktop machine, on which I'm using the same model of mouse, doesn't have the problem.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #56
KLausPetersen
Connoisseur
KLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I had the same problem a few years ago with a dell laptop and the problem was the touchpad.
KLausPetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:43 AM   #57
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Were you able to fix it?
Old 03-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #58
KLausPetersen
Connoisseur
KLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enoughKLausPetersen will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook
As far as I remember it was a known hardware issue with that model und I just disabled the touchpad (bios or Windows System manager), because I almost always use an external mouse anyway.

Soon afterwards I got a new IBM laptop, so I didn't bother to pay money for a repair of the old laptop.
KLausPetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 AM   #59
Zabuton
Zabuton began at the beginning.

Device: BB8800/Sony PRS-505
Some of the older generations ThinkPads T20/T40 has this problem with the trackpoint (not touchpad). A software upgrade resolved this. I have no idea if this is due to hardware or software to start with.
Zabuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #60
Ramen
Connoisseur
Ramen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-booksRamen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3, BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabuton View Post
LOL... how true. But I am apologising for my original, somewhat, harsh statement.

Sadly, EU currency strength today makes it pretty expensive to buy Cybook. I did a rough estimate of the costs, and found out it cost more than SGD700+ vs SGD500+ to purchase a Sony Reader from US(both include shipping).
I originally wanted to buy a Cybook when it came out, hence my coming to this forum. I live in Switzerland and we have a VAT of roughly 8% with no ebook reader import taxes that I know of.

At that time, 1$ was 1.1CHF. The Cybook costs 490CHF with 65CHF shipping from France to Switzerland... In dollars that would be 410$ w/o VAT or shipping. With the current exchange rate, that would be more than 450$ w/o VAT or shipping. The first price is 14%, the second is 28% above US prices. The price seemed to be a mean of the EUR and $ prices.

Needless to say, Bookeen did not reply to email.

Last edited by Ramen; 03-29-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo
Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote