Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #31
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Ah ... but it's not altogether a simulation, you see, Kenny. That's just what they want you to believe.... Could make a tale for Steve or one of our other SF buddies.
See Capricorn One.

Anyway, I already did my disastrous Mars mission story: The First Expedition.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 06-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #32
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Ah ... but it's not altogether a simulation, you see, Kenny. That's just what they want you to believe.

Secretly, on June 3, a real mission takes off from the remote Australian wilderness. Those in the simulation team are actually made to experience exactly what six other astronauts are truly going through.

So this is the opposite of the faked moon landings right, instead of faking a real mission they're making a real fake mission?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #33
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, how 'bout a story where a group of people think they are participating in a realistic simulation on Earth or in orbit... when in reality, they've actually been sent on a real rocket to Mars, in the hopes that they won't worry as much and perform better if they think that they can leave at any time...

I might consider writing that!

(Or I'd sell it to Pixar.)
Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Okay, how 'bout a story where a group of people think they are participating in a realistic simulation on Earth or in orbit... when in reality, they've actually been sent on a real rocket to Mars, in the hopes that they won't worry as much and perform better if they think that they can leave at any time...

I might consider writing that!

(Or I'd sell it to Pixar.)
Or maybe a kid playing video war games...and he's really good at it... but it's real....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #35
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Or maybe a kid playing video war games...and he's really good at it... but it's real....
You guys need to catch up on your old movies...
Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #36
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You guys need to catch up on your old movies...
I think you missed the reference.....I was (I thought not so subtly) referring to Ender's Game.

Or maybe you're just messin' with me.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #37
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I think you missed the reference.....I was (I thought not so subtly) referring to Ender's Game.

Or maybe you're just messin' with me.
I did miss the reference... after the Capricorn One thing, my mind was stuck on movies!
Old 06-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #38
kennyc

Quote:
I did miss the reference... after the Capricorn One thing, my mind was stuck on movies!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #39
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
"I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities."
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #40
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
"I do not like the men on this spaceship. They are uncouth and fail to appreciate my better qualities."
Oh, pipe down, Pinback! Isn't it time for you to go feed the alien?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:06 AM   #41
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
So this is the opposite of the faked moon landings right, instead of faking a real mission they're making a real fake mission?

Quote:
This seems a good idea. Also, some of them should be put in hibernation pods in a state of suspended animation to lessen their worry more and to save rations.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote