Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #76
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
A Canon PowerShot A2200 I'm pretty happy with it
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #77
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Canon's Powershot series is extremely good, compared to Sony's Cybershot of the same range! I myself used PowerShot A470 a while ago and it shot alright
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #78
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Thanks guys! I am actually in the market for a new camera to replace a malfunctioning Sony Cybershot that is many years old...

Nice!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #79
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
This one was 120€ here in Portugal, 14.1mp, HD video. And it has some modes, was surprised to see that this one had exposure time

I was choosing between this, a Sony CyberShot w570 (but as anything from Sony I think it's too pricey and maybe not as good and I thought the camera was way too small, not comfortable at all) and an Olympus VG-120 (was on the last round but I just decided to go for the Canon and I think it was a bit more basic than this one but I think it's really intuitive).
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #80
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I have a Canon PowerShot A570 that I bought several years ago. I like it so much I bought my son one (mainly to keep his hands off mine).

Yikes! $398.00 from Amazon? I could have sworn I paid considerably less for ours.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #81
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I want a new Reader just so I can buy an Oberon cover.

Last Christmas my son gave me the Cannon Power Shot SX210 IS and it takes awesome pics. I was amazed how much better they were than those taken with my old camera. It says it has:
* Powerful 14x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer; improved Dynamic mode for enhanced image stabilization
* 14.1-megapixel resolution for high-quality prints up to 16.5 x 23.4 inches
* 28mm wide-angle lens; 3.0-inch wide PureColor System LCD
* HD shooting capability at 720p with stereo sound plus HDMI output
* DIGIC 4 Image Processor with evolved Face Detection Technology; new scene modes

**Now ask me if I even understand what all that means and what all the menu buttons even do. I still haven't figured out what all it does or even how to do it. He said he thought that every time I figured out what something does and actually use it, it will feel like a new gift all over again. **
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #82
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Delivered last night Sony DH530 amp/receiver and Mordaunt Short Canivale 5.1 speakers and sub-woofer. Not yet connected as the shop forgot speaker wire, but gives me an excuse to trawl Mong Kok again for goodies.

Amp not as powerful as I had in the UK, but then again apartment a fraction of the size of my house there - don't want the other 479 flats in my block complaining!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #83
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Canon's Powershot series is extremely good, compared to Sony's Cybershot of the same range! I myself used PowerShot A470 a while ago and it shot alright
to show off... I'll post 2 picts I took by Canon PowerShot A470 (it's $106 from Amazon but it was only about $70 when my sister bought it) You really should consider getting a Canon this time Lestatar.

@ dreams: cameras from the SX series are almost as expensive as DSLR ones!
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #84
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I want a new Reader just so I can buy an Oberon cover.

Last Christmas my son gave me the Cannon Power Shot SX210 IS and it takes awesome pics. I was amazed how much better they were than those taken with my old camera. It says it has:
* Powerful 14x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer; improved Dynamic mode for enhanced image stabilization
* 14.1-megapixel resolution for high-quality prints up to 16.5 x 23.4 inches
* 28mm wide-angle lens; 3.0-inch wide PureColor System LCD
* HD shooting capability at 720p with stereo sound plus HDMI output
* DIGIC 4 Image Processor with evolved Face Detection Technology; new scene modes

**Now ask me if I even understand what all that means and what all the menu buttons even do. I still haven't figured out what all it does or even how to do it. He said he thought that every time I figured out what something does and actually use it, it will feel like a new gift all over again. **
Rumor is Amazon will be coming out soon with a Kindle tablet. Of course, it will probably be a few months later before Oberon has a cover for it.

Yes, dreams, you need an Oberon!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #85
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have a Canon PowerShot A570 that I bought several years ago. I like it so much I bought my son one (mainly to keep his hands off mine).

Yikes! $398.00 from Amazon? I could have sworn I paid considerably less for ours.
Quote:
to show off... I'll post 2 picts I took by Canon PowerShot A470 (it's $106 from Amazon but it was only about $70 when my sister bought it) You really should consider getting a Canon this time Lestatar.

I looked into my purchase record the other day, and it shows I bought my son's Canon Powershot A570IS for $149.99. The one I bought for myself was even cheaper, I believe. That's why I can't understand this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CanonPowershotA570IS.PNG
Views:	186
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	75065  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #86
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Very excited, went to Mong Kok last night and nabbed an Acer W500 for travelling/work. No time to play yet as we then went on to an all-you-can eat Korean BBQ buffet so home after midnight, but looks like loads of fun to use.
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #87
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ nice one! Congrats and enjoy!

Where is this awesome Korean BBQ all you can eat place??!?!?
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #88
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
<snip>

I haven't checked what mine cost, but know that when he told me how much he spent on his, I about choked (more than my house payment). Then he told me how much he paid for some kind of special lens. Photography and hiking is his hobby for de-stressing from work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Rumor is Amazon will be coming out soon with a Kindle tablet. Of course, it will probably be a few months later before Oberon has a cover for it.

Yes, dreams, you need an Oberon!
I agree. I just need to wait until I have something new to put it on.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #89
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Finally bought a GPS for the car. It's an old one, but it does the job, plus has Bluetooth for handsfree calling and was pretty cheap.

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review...vi_265w/269397
afa is offline   Reply With Quote