Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #1
genc
genc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Canadian but want to download from US site

Hope someone can answer my question. I am from Canada but will be vacationing in Hawaii. While I am in the states, can I download books from the US Kindle bookstore or am I still stuck with the Canadian one? My account was obviously created in Canada but I'm wondering if that matters if my Kindle and I are physically in the States? Thanks!
genc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
In order to download books from the US store you will have to change your country location to the US. You can do this from the "manage your kindle" page. You can do that while still in Canada. It's a kind of loop hole that may not stay open and may not always work but there are people who switch back and forth all of the time.

If you download a book from the US store, make sure you back it up on your computer in case the loop hole gets closed.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert