Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #256
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Sorry, deleted the pics

Last edited by booklover6; 06-05-2013 at 07:15 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #257
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Have you guys seen these yet? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kindl...673891158.html

They're an even more blatant knockoff of the official one and they do look pretty close.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #258
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Awesome, fauxpas, that's the one that was only offered on ebay.co.uk that someone in this thread was inquiring about. And they have real red, unless their pics are oversaturated. I love that the border around the kindle is black instead of the color of the leather.

Last edited by xendula; 01-27-2013 at 11:28 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #259
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
@ booklover, thanks for the pics. The brown one sure looks a lot nicer!!!! Do you use both and interchange them?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #260
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have it in the blue now, since I took the pics. I'll probably change it out whenever the urge strikes.
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #261
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Booklover6, before you put the Paperwhite in the brown case, make sure that with a knife or something sharp you level out the internal bezel of both the top left corner and the bottom left corner of the brown case. Also try to file it with some nail filer or better some sand-paper so that no sharp edges damage the kindle. You will thank me for this. If you insert the Paperwhite without leveling out the internal small bezels of the top left corner and the bottom left corner, you will not get it out without huge pains, which may break the 2 corners and possibly damage the kindle. When you level out the internal bezels, the kindle won't fall out. It will still hold very firmly, but will allow you to get it out easily after you push back these corners one at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I have it in the blue now, since I took the pics. I'll probably change it out whenever the urge strikes.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #262
Spotsmom
Spotsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
Booklover6, before you put the Paperwhite in the brown case, make sure that with a knife or something sharp you level out the internal bezel of both the top left corner and the bottom left corner of the brown case. Also try to file it with some nail filer or better some sand-paper so that no sharp edges damage the kindle. You will thank me for this. If you insert the Paperwhite without leveling out the internal small bezels of the top left corner and the bottom left corner, you will not get it out without huge pains, which may break the 2 corners and possibly damage the kindle. When you level out the internal bezels, the kindle won't fall out. It will still hold very firmly, but will allow you to get it out easily after you push back these corners one at a time.
Thanks for the tip. I ordered one yesterday!
Spotsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #263
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Oh I did scrape the bottom corners of both the covers before use. They are still a bit hard to get out, but at least the one corner comes out pretty easily. I am back to using the brown one with no magnetic catch.

Last edited by booklover6; 01-28-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #264
abrizz
Enthusiast
abrizz began at the beginning.

Device: none
So I will get my new PW today. The friend who bought one for me wasn't able to get a cover for it though. So since I haven't been able to find a slim cover the flips over the top instead I will get one of the regular ones in this thread.

Which one do you think is the better? The one with the metal latch and magnet to hold i close or the one without those?
abrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #265
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrizz View Post
So I will get my new PW today. The friend who bought one for me wasn't able to get a cover for it though. So since I haven't been able to find a slim cover the flips over the top instead I will get one of the regular ones in this thread.

Which one do you think is the better? The one with the metal latch and magnet to hold i close or the one without those?
I have both, and I like the one without the magnetic catch that sticks out better.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #266
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Hi, may I ask you why is that so? Because I was planning to buy one with the magnetic thing like yours. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I have both, and I like the one without the magnetic catch that sticks out better.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #267
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I'm going to try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/b7kbfnk

(In a few other listings, this case is said to have auto-wake and sleep.)

I've also considered this one:

http://tinyurl.com/aejg3xd

However, it seems the Touch will also fit the case, and that reader is both bigger and fatter than the Paperwhite. When you look closely at the pictures, especially nr. 6 in the list, you can actually see folds in the case's side. I think this case was originally designed for the Touch, and the PW just happens to somewhat fit.

Also, I like the lid of the first case better, as the hinge runs along the entire length, but I don't know how I will like the pebble texture.

I don't know if I'll even like to hold the Kindle with a case around it. I also use my tablet and smartphone bare, and they're in a sleeve of impact foam and a leather pouch respectivly, when not in use. For my Kindle, I have a smaller version of the sleeve I use for my tablet.

Ah well, if I don't like this case (or none at all while reading), I'll just sell it again.

(BTW... That kindle seems photoshopped into the second case. The corners should be visible I think, or the case is way bigger than the kindle itself.)

I also like the cheap form fitting one, but hate that it doesn't have a magnetic lock. (This is also the first case ever that I like in brown, or in anything else than black, for that matter.) If the case opens a bit inside a bag, the Kindle will turn on and drain your battery. But, I really don't like the one with the lock, and I find the Amazon case ridiculously expensive at almost 30% of the Kindle itself.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-30-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #268
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromedevine View Post
Hi, may I ask you why is that so? Because I was planning to buy one with the magnetic thing like yours. :/
The metal piece is actually raised up out of the cover about an 1/8" which is somewhat annoying, though it does provide a place to put your thumb when holding it right handed. It would be better if it was flush.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 AM   #269
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Got mine from aliexpress today. I ordered the light blue, which actually looks more like a light turquoise. Surprisingly, it actually looks quite similar to the picture they used on their website, which I wasn't expecting.

Despite sanding down top & bottom left corners though, I still found it hard to get my Paperwhite out and I've managed to scuff both corners of the Kindle trying to pry it out of the case. When I get home later I'll try using my dad's Dremel to see if it'll make taking the Kindle out of the case easier.

Bottomline though, it's a very nice case and I'm happy with it. I was surprised to see how big my Oberon cover (for Kindle Touch, which I've modified to fit my Paperwhite) looks when placed next to it.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted pictures of their light blue yet in this thread. If anyone wants pictures, I'd be more than happy to oblige
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 AM   #270
abrizz
Enthusiast
abrizz began at the beginning.

Device: none
xtine I would like a picture if possible.
How long did it take for yours to arrive?

I have never ordered from aliexpress before. Will have to look into how payments are made etc. Do they take paypal?
abrizz is offline   Reply With Quote