Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #166
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
My light brown case from "googleproduct" arrived today, it took about 15 days from Hong Kong. The color is exactly as pictured. I scraped a little out of the bottom inner corner with the edge of a scissors, and snapped it in. It works perfectly, and the feel of it, when folded back, is much nicer to hold. I prefer the fabric used on this case to the fabric of the Kindle case, in other words.

My only complaint is, it doesn't want to lie completely flat, as the kindle case does. It's still close enough that it doesn't "wake" but it is an irritant. Maybe that's where the extra weight of the kindle cover comes into play.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #167
toddmp
toddmp doesn't littertoddmp doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW
Give it a little time. my light brown case did the same. after a bit of use it will lie flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
My light brown case from "googleproduct" arrived today, it took about 15 days from Hong Kong. The color is exactly as pictured. I scraped a little out of the bottom inner corner with the edge of a scissors, and snapped it in. It works perfectly, and the feel of it, when folded back, is much nicer to hold. I prefer the fabric used on this case to the fabric of the Kindle case, in other words.

My only complaint is, it doesn't want to lie completely flat, as the kindle case does. It's still close enough that it doesn't "wake" but it is an irritant. Maybe that's where the extra weight of the kindle cover comes into play.
toddmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #168
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmp View Post
Give it a little time. my light brown case did the same. after a bit of use it will lie flat.
That is good to know, thanks!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #169
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
One of mine was the same way. It's not the weight of the lid, because my other ones lie perfectly flat. It's the hinge...that leather/fabric strip. It's not long enough (or wide enough, depending on how you look at it) to allow the lid to drop all the way down.

I stretched mine out and now it lies flat. I dampened the inside of the strip and then closed the cover with a cord wedged between the hinge and the molded piece. I laid it face down (to keep it shut) and then left it for 2 days.

However, that's because my problem was more severe. It wouldn't even come close to shutting. Yours will probably stretch out on its own, just from normal use. Keeping it face down when not reading, will hasten the process.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #170
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Fauxpas, will definitely get to you before Christmas.
No such luck apparently. Tracking hasn't updated in 3 weeks now and it still says that it's on its way to Germany. But that happens when you order from China and pay nothing for the shipping, so I won't get mad about it

I was also just gonna post that I saw the model with the magnetic closure on ebay for about 12€ with shipping from Germany the other day, but the ones I can find at the moment are all priced at 30€. Maybe the first batch proved to be popular
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #171
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Fauxpas, it may be stuck at customs. I sent something from the US to Germany almost three weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. It was a large padded envelope with empty boxes, two powercords and a headset inside. I am now convinced customs is up to no good

Weird, the magnetic one still shows $15 on ebay.com. Maybe try. To order it from there?

Last edited by xendula; 12-22-2012 at 07:01 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #172
Padde
Padde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Got my cover a few days ago and i couldn't be happier with it.
I ordered it at THIS AUCTION
from ebay. Shipped to germany via mail in about a week.
Padde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #173
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padde View Post
Got my cover a few days ago and i couldn't be happier with it.
I ordered it at THIS AUCTION
from ebay. Shipped to germany via mail in about a week.
Nice that you like it. I got the same cover, but from a seller here in the US. Mine did not come with stylus or screen protector though. Not sure if I even want a screen protector, I like the rough surface of my PW. Stylus would be nice sometimes when looking up words - my fingers sometimes miss the word and go to wrong line.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #174
jimbo55
jimbo55 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Well I just recieved the light brown paperwhite knockoff case from 'googleproducts' on ebay. I must say the quality is excellent for the price. I Pared down one of the corners with a knife as recommended and it pops out pretty easily. It's perfect, don't waste your money on the official version. You can buy the same fake case direct from alibaba.com there are so many sellers offering them there but i didn't go 'factory direct' because you never know how long its going to take to arrive and at least through ebay its more secure (personal opinion) although at less than $10 a piece there's little to worry about. The kindle sleeps when you close this case but I would like to add a magnet to mine (am a diy type) saw an interesting post here where this guy added his own magnet clasp to a case for the ipad Anyone tried this on a kindle?
jimbo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #175
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Received my Lt Blue today, and must say, it is smaller and less weight than the Amazon Cover and I love it. Colorwise, it is more a light turquoise than a lt blue, and matches my Decalgirl Moon Fairy perfectly. Took about 12 days to get here.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #176
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Hi Vmurph, would you please paste a photo of how you modified your case to allow easy kindle separation? I really wish to do the same because it is an ingenious idea but don't know where to start. I hope that by seeing what the experts have done, I can do the same without breaking my case. Thanks
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 AM   #177
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Device: xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzod View Post
I ordered the brown one from aliexpress. The ebay guys seem to be getting greedy. Oh well, for half the price almost I'll wait.
Have you received your cover yet?
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #178
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
No such luck apparently. Tracking hasn't updated in 3 weeks now and it still says that it's on its way to Germany. But that happens when you order from China and pay nothing for the shipping, so I won't get mad about it

I was also just gonna post that I saw the model with the magnetic closure on ebay for about 12€ with shipping from Germany the other day, but the ones I can find at the moment are all priced at 30€. Maybe the first batch proved to be popular
Did you get your cover? Even after over 4 weeks, my padded envelope I sent from the US to Germany is still not there. Wondering WTH customs is doing with it!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #179
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Device: xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Did you get your cover? Even after over 4 weeks, my padded envelope I sent from the US to Germany is still not there. Wondering WTH customs is doing with it!!!
According to the seller you will get "full refund if product isn't received in 39 days".
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #180
xendula
eBookworm

^ Koko, I am just trying to figure out the Geman post/customs issue that is holding up my mailing as well as fauxpas' case, if these two issues are even related.
I got my cases in the US in the beginning of December and am very happy with them