Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Slim Paperwhite case alternative

I found an alternative to the official kindle case in nicer colors on Ebay and ordered two as presents. They cost $12.

They do not seem to have a wake function, so I'll try to add a magnet to them and see how it goes, and I am not sure this is real leather.

I figured others may be looking for either a cheaper price or a real red

CORRECTION: in the youtube video, it looks like it may have a sleep/wake function.

Last edited by xendula; 11-25-2012 at 01:02 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
Thank you!

This looks very nice. Even if it is not leather (at 12$ it is probably not). It is much lighter 80 gramms! So about 50 gramms lighter than the original kindle PW cover.
Yep, in the video it does have a sleep/wake function.
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Jesse83
Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.Jesse83 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle PW
Personally I prefer a gel case like this one :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S-LINE-WAV...item3f17ee16a5

Feels better, and grip. I don't like something that close, can't see the wallpaper.
It's a Kindle 4 case though, so it's not exactly the same size, but I worked some miracles. And in the holes for the old light connectors, I fit a cordelette, in case I drop it.
Ye don't like leather cases much, especially for holding it in one hand afterward it's a bit weird.
Jesse83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
That looks good! But it says Paperwhite in the title and Touch down below in the description. I have written to ask which is correct.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did nit even see that. I have seen similar looking cases for the Touch, so it could be that the seller used the same listing as for the Touch and that it was an oversight (it better be- I ordered two and don't fancy sending them back to Honkong for a refund!!!)

In the video and images, it is definitely a PW.

I also like that the border around the device is black, BTW.
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #6
AlanE
AlanE began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Paperwhite 6th gen, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra
Yesterday I ordered what appears to be the same cover from:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kindl...em-description
For only $10.60 about £7
AlanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #7
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would be great if people could report back on their quality once they arrive. These cost about 25% of what the official one costs in Germany. Admittedly, it certainly is going to look a bit cheaper as well, but it's still decent enough in the video.

One problem might be that it doesn't really close that firmly. At least it looks like that in the demonstration.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanE View Post
Yesterday I ordered what appears to be the same cover from:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kindl...em-description
For only $10.60 about £7
Yes, that's the same one, and even cheaper! Oh well....
What color did you order?

@fauxpas: will definitely post pictures. You are right, the closure may be like the one on official the basic kindle case - or of a regular book, for that matter.

Last edited by xendula; 11-26-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I decided to order one as well, btw. It's just 8€ after all. I can post pics and sort of a review once it arrives as well

The backside doesn't look all that great in the pictures, but the rest seems pretty decent. If I'm very lucky, it'll arrive in time for my Paperwhite (December 10th), but I doubt that. Would be nice to have it before Christmas, though.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
xendula
eBookworm

^ where did you order yours? The ones I ordered on Ebay are scheuled to get here by 12/10.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
fauxpas
Connoisseur

Ordered it on aliexpress.com. It says "delivery time: 15-40 days", which is in line with my experience when ordering stuff from china (I think I ordered 3 things from there, one arrived in just a bit more than 2 weeks, one took about 3 and the last one about a month).

Apparently the website is still verifying my payment (credit card, no paypal) but when I added a message to the order stating my color preference I got a reply just a couple of minutes latter that it's gonna be that color and that it'll be shipped tomorrow and they're also saying I'll get a tracking number, which would be surprising.. didn't know they offered that.

So far I'm pretty surprised with the speed and service, especially if they actually ship tomorrow. How long it takes then obviously isn't influenced by them, so all I need to be happy is a good product
Old 11-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
fauxpas
Connoisseur

Yup, got my tracking number today. Can't wait
Old 11-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
gaudentius
gaudentius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I ordered one from the same seller as op, but it was for the K4NT. I love the cover. The hardcase gives it a bit more protection. It does appear to be leather with a nice, dense felt liner. The one weird thing about the seller though, is I received an email requesting 5 stars for shipping.
gaudentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #14
mobilewilier
Connoisseur
mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilewilier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaudentius View Post
I ordered one from the same seller as op, but it was for the K4NT. I love the cover. The hardcase gives it a bit more protection. It does appear to be leather with a nice, dense felt liner. The one weird thing about the seller though, is I received an email requesting 5 stars for shipping.
Not really that weird a request. The seller just wants to build up a good rating score so that others will buy from him. If he did a good job why not help him out?
mobilewilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Don't leave your feedback until you receive your item!!!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote