Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
mtl_girl
mtl_girl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Kobo Glo versus Kindle Paperwhite

So I've just upgraded my Kindle 2 to a Kobo Glo. After much research I decided to switch to the Kobo because 1. I liked the idea of being able to rent books and 2. I liked the fact that the Kobo had a bright screen. However after my first evening of reading I've discovered that even at the lowest setting the Kobo's screen still is too bright and I'm experiencing a bit of eye strain so I'm starting to rethink my decision. I might wait and get a Kindle Paperwhite when they are available in Canada, but am not sure if I will have the same problem. I've seen lots of posts of people comparing the max brightness between the Paperwhite and the Glo. Has anyone compared the minimum brightness on the Paperwhite and the Glo in the dark?
mtl_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I haven't compared the two (the Glo isn't available int he US yet), but can say that the light on the Paperwhite goes down very low to where it's barely a glow at all.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert