Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #46
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It means you can't turn WiFi off while in a book. It also means you can't turn WiFi off from the home page.
Ah, that is rather annoying. I only turned it on to dl books or when I wanted to share a passage. This will just mean that I share stuff less.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #47
Nicky_oz
Enthusiast
Nicky_oz doesn't litterNicky_oz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, Nook, Kindle Keyboard, iPad.
Thank you for answering my questions. I've ordered one plus leather cover (i like the auto sleep function, like the iPad!). Let's see what happens. MY beloved nook is two years old so time to upgrade and i want to share books with family as they all have kindles.
Nicky_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #48
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
With firmware, or a hack, it could automatically turn on (dimly) for a short time after power on if it is set to off. Or a short tap on the power button could turn the light on long enough for you to adjust the light setting.

If needed and the firmware does not yet support it, one of us will do a hack for it. That is what we do (in the Dev Corner)...
That's a great idea!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Ah, that is rather annoying. I only turned it on to dl books or when I wanted to share a passage. This will just mean that I share stuff less.
I turn it on to download books, Sync to my other kindles and retrieve the furthest page read. On the K4s it's a hassle to do.

The battery life they claim is with Wifi Off. I am a heavy reader and have about 175 books on my Kindles. I get two weeks of battery life on my K4s and three weeks on the K3 with Wifi off. If I accidentally leave WiFi on even without reading on my K4, I get maybe 5 to 6 days on the K4. The K3 about 3 days. If I were to read during that time I wouldn't get even that. So I take that 8 weeks claim which they also claimed the K3 has with a grain of salt. Nobody I know reads for 30 minutes a day. Myself it's 4 to 6 hours a night.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-29-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #50
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
If anything, thats a disincentive to buy one :P
sheesh.. Obama is smart..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert