Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Corrupt database

I just upgraded to 8.23 from 8.18 or 8.19 and can no longer open my database. When I start Calibre I get the message The library database at c:\...... appears to be corrupted. When I run the restore I get a message that the Restoring database failed. I have about 4,000 books in my library. I am including the detailed messages and my actual metadata file hoping to save time if anyone has any ideas.

The library database at c:\...... appears to be corrupted.
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.23
Corrupted database: The library database at C:\Users\jjansen\Documents\My eBooks appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and rebuild it automatically? The rebuild may not be completely successful.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 489, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 218, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 227, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\prefs.py", line 21, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 314, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 271, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 172, in get
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

Restoring database failed
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.23
ERROR: Failed: Restoring database failed, click Show details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\restore.py", line 108, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\restore.py", line 245, in replace_db
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Any and all help appreciated...................Jackie
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadata.zip (2.59 MB, 208 views)
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

More info on corrupt issue. I tried going back to 8.21 - no difference. The last change I made to my database at 8.18 (8.19?) was to batch reconvert nearly all the PDF files in my library to epub. The pdf conversion tool is much better than it was when I first converted a lot of my book a few years ago. Since I hadn't changed the structure or file names at all (dates would have changed) I tried using the old metadata.db file with the database that had been reconverted. I still got the corrupt error. I then tried to open the original database, prior to my batch conversion and it opened fine. This tells me that it isn't the metadata.db file. What else is examined that might cause the corrupt database issue?
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
the second error in the first post says some program is accessing the DB.
Exclude the Calibre Library folder from realtime A/V scanning (the contents have already been scanned when adding)

I suggest a reboot.

BTW All files in the Library folder need Read/Write access
A restore from CD may have left them Read only.,
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
jjansen
J

I did try to reboot and then start Calibre straight away. I still received the same errors. I just checked and reset my attributes and they look fine. I am using an A/V from my ISP and I didn't see an option to omit any folders but, as far as I can tell, nothing has changed there and I can access a slightly older version of my library.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
I just upgraded to 8.23 from 8.18 or 8.19 and can no longer open my database. When I start Calibre I get the message The library database at c:\...... appears to be corrupted. When I run the restore I get a message that the Restoring database failed.
Follow what Kovid outlines in this thread to restore your database.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert