Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Standardised CSS?

Pardon my newbie questions. Thanks for any help.

Is there a way to store or import a standardised CSS to use for new ePubs, like a template function? Or is it a matter of copying and pasting text from one ePub's CSS file to another?

And if I want to make books, say, in the same series all use the same formatting ... is there an easy way to apply to imported paragraph styles? or is it a matter of going through each section independently, and doing a find/replace on all the style terms?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
In Sigil if you right-click on the styles folder on the book browser, you will have an option to add an existing file.

So if you have already got a created CSS file (I have one with all my standard CSS content in it so I can delete what I don't need after the epub is ready), you choose this option and navigate to where the file is and select it.

Now it will be loaded into you epub, you only will need to link it in (needs to be done manually at the moment).
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks matey,
I thought I'd tried it, since I know you can add book cover images that way. I thought it hadn't worked, which is why I was asking. But maybe I just need to drink less rum. (Or more!)

Appreciated.

Oh wait ... so how do I make a template CSS in the first place? I can't export one out of Sigil (that was the other thing I was going to ask!). Is a CSS file just a text file renamed? Do i just copy/paste into notepad and save it?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Is a CSS file just a text file renamed?
You got it. Just use whatever text editor you want and then either save it as a CSS file if the editor allows it or save as a txt file and then change the extension.

Last edited by ghostyjack; 08-09-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru

There is a way of getting the CSS file out of the created epub, all you need to do is get your zip program (I use Winrar) to open the file and then go to OEBPS\Styles\ folder and then extract (or drag-n-drop) the css file you find in there.
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
There is a way of getting the CSS file out of the created epub, all you need to do is get your zip program (I use Winrar) to open the file and then go to OEBPS\Styles\ folder and then extract (or drag-n-drop) the css file you find in there.
Simpler.
Open the CSS in sigil
Select All (ctrl-a)
Copy

Then paste int your text editor.

I keep snippets of code and styles in a simple text file. I copy and paste into Sigil as needed.
Lean, Mean CSS
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote