Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #46
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
I have both - a Kindle-2 and a Sony-505 (over a year now).

There is no comparison between the two in terms of "readability", my Sony wins hands down. Plus you can rework a non-DRM book (like the users at MobileRead do) and actually send the font desired with the document. The end result is real bold thick font. The Kindle-2 on the other hand seems wussy - thin and somewhat faint.

Love both eReaders, but no question about it, the Sony scdores when it comes to the issue of the contrast between the font and the screen background. Now the header and footer on the Kindle-2 use a great font - nice and clear and distinct.
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #47
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
I personally think that if we had the ability to change fonts on the Kindle, this would be a non-issue.
That's one reason I keep going back to my Cybook. I don't hate the PMN Caecilia font the Kindle uses, but it wouldn't be my first choice. (Not to mention the overly large inter-line spacing, which I can't adjust, only having a K1).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #48
zipzip
zipzip began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All the current eink devices that use a 6" screen use the EXACT SAME Vizplex screen. These devices include the 505, 700, K1, K2, Gen3, V3 (and derivatives such as BeBook and EZ Reader) and others.
But then why is the background on the 505 lighter than the background on the Kindle 2.0? I took my K2 into a store and did a side-by-side comparison with the 505. The background on the 505 was a pale silver-gray. The background on the K2 was a not-quite-as-light olive gray. Furthermore, the 700 has a darker background than the 505 does.

Why the difference in background color if they're all the same screen?
zipzip is offline   Reply With Quote