Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #91
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
@Ilogis, Thanks for the feedback! I'm planing on updating them when I get this version ready for release. I've decided to make an uninstaller that allows you to uninstall one program and not them all (or all of them if you want). Plus I still have to figure out why I can't get a gmail waf working.... I just don't get it. I'll be a little busy this weekend but I will keep updating that post until it's done. Again sorry for the wait, I just have a lot going on in my life right now.

@knc1, Hm... Well I would need a wrapper of some kind so that way you could configure it on the kindle (like I did with mplayer).... Plus I've never compiled a program on/for the kindle.... I would need learn how to do that... Maybe for the next release, but if someone gets CIFS working on the kindle before then I'll get some sort of wrapper working for it.
Perhaps I wasn't clear - -
I was only interested in your thoughts on the matter at this time.

Twobob and I are still struggling with understanding how to make extra stuff work on the K3 (and no K5 to test on).

Yes, it would take both some sort of wrapper for the launcher to call and some sort of text file where the user could set the things specific to their own use.

We know we can get the "Network file sharing" working for a Windows network (it does work, on the K3, but has to be done manually).

Maybe "Network Printer Sharing" ?
A Kindle with a "Print" button?

All of the above will happen sooner if someone else wants to join in our threads, discussing howto do things (sometimes, how not to do things).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #92
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Perhaps I wasn't clear - -
I was only interested in your thoughts on the matter at this time.

Twobob and I are still struggling with understanding how to make extra stuff work on the K3 (and no K5 to test on).

Yes, it would take both some sort of wrapper for the launcher to call and some sort of text file where the user could set the things specific to their own use.

We know we can get the "Network file sharing" working for a Windows network (it does work, on the K3, but has to be done manually).

Maybe "Network Printer Sharing" ?
A Kindle with a "Print" button?

All of the above will happen sooner if someone else wants to join in our threads, discussing howto do things (sometimes, how not to do things).
Ah, well I don't know how much I can help you with but I'll check it out. Sorry, but I'm a newb at things like this. It's this post correct?

Last edited by Titano; 08-23-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #93
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Ah, well I don't know how much I can help you with but I'll check it out. Sorry, but I'm a newb at things like this. It's this post correct?
That is the main starting point.
Just imagine it with all the names of things changed from K3 to K5.

There are a couple of "helper applications" not yet built (mount.cifs and umount.cifs) but those are for additional features.
All that is required is the cifs.ko module built to match the kernel in question.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #94
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
I have a suggestion, hope you will implement it
Could you make nano run on kindle's onscreen keyboard as xterm's keys are too small or make nano run as a kindlet using kindle's onscreen keyboard.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #95
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
I have a suggestion, hope you will implement it
Could you make nano run on kindle's onscreen keyboard as xterm's keys are too small or make nano run as a kindlet using kindle's onscreen keyboard.
This is completely off-topic. Either ask that question in a relevant thread, or open a new thread.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #96
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This is completely off-topic. Either ask that question in a relevant thread, or open a new thread.
@ixtab, Actually it's not that off topic. I have nano for the touch and as far as I know this is the only place to get it running from the launcher.
@techiemonkey, I tried that once but ran into a few problems. I'll take a look into it sometime.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #97
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
@ixtab, Actually it's not that off topic. I have nano for the touch and as far as I know this is the only place to get it running from the launcher.
Sorry, but it still is off-topic. You are looking for the solution to a problem with a specific program, while this thread is about a framework to launch programs.

A (crude) analogy would be: discussing MS Word formatting problems in a thread dedicated to the command line... just because the command line can also launch MS Word.

It's still off-topic.

Edit: I have to correct myself. I was plain wrong with my above statement, and this is actually the correct place to discuss parameters for programs. I'm sorry for my misleading posts - I had mistaken this thread to be the one about the GUI Launcher itself.

Last edited by ixtab; 09-01-2012 at 03:53 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #98
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Sorry, but it still is off-topic. You are looking for the solution to a problem with a specific program, while this thread is about a framework to launch programs.

A (crude) analogy would be: discussing MS Word formatting problems in a thread dedicated to the command line... just because the command line can also launch MS Word.

It's still off-topic.
@ixtab, I can kind of see your point, it would have been better if he had just pm'd me. Still, I think this is the best place for his question. What if the formating problems were directly caused by opening MS Word from command line? I think threads are open to a little bit of jumping around when topics are concerned. He was really requesting a feature for me to implement into the launcher for nano. It was not that bad of an idea to tell you the truth. I had the same one when I first made it. Sure there are better ways of asking things, teckiemonkey does seem to do very little research, and can get annoying but he actually did have a legitimate request.

@techiemonkey, It's not possible. Read here, xterm just does not accept the keypresses from the native keyboard in the end. If you want you can take a look at the keyboard files and modify them to suit your needs. I just don't have time to modify them right now. Sorry.

Last edited by Titano; 08-26-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #99
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

First Post updated, the beta is done, everything is up to date (I think ), and I still can't get gmail working. If anyone knows how to get it working can you pm me please. Anyways I think all the bugs are worked out and I'm going to take a little bit of a break. Need to finish some school work up.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #100
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Okay back, nice little break. Now I'll add checkers and try to get gmail working again. Also I'll start trying to work on a new keyboard layout for nano. Something more like the kindle touch's native keyboard.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #101
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Whoa, take a nap and the world changes.... I'm back though. Still working and I'll post a new version by the end of the week with updated komic and Sudoku (trying to get gtk mines working).
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #102
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Has Titano ceased to exist?
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #103
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
That was his last post. Rumours of his ceasing to exist may have been a great exaggeration, et cetera.

venimus, vidimus, visamust! : )

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: perfect second person tense
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #104
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
We came, we saw, we got visas?

Maybe I need to brush up on my latin.

vini vidi failivi.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #105
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
venimus, vidimus, emptimus!!!

We came, We saw, We did a little shopping

The thrust of this thread

(from the verb "emo", I buy, that's right all you emo kids those execs are laughing at you)

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: emo. the truth
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, collection, gui launcher, launcher add-ons, organisation