Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
lynnc1265
lynnc1265 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
Who's the mod in this forum?

I have a question that I would like to run by the moderator, but I don't know who to contact. Please advise.

Thanks,
Lynn
lynnc1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Hi Lynn - I might be wrong, but I believe that the mods are all jointly responsible for all of the forums. One suggestion I've seen others make is to use the "report this post" feature on your own post (the exclamation mark button next to the karma button at the top right of the post) and ask for a moderator to PM you so you can ask them a question.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #3
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSmillie View Post
(the exclamation mark button next to the karma button at the top right of the post)
Is there some other way to show posts that I don't know about, Donna? In my web reader the karma button and the exclamation mark button are bottom left. I'd like the Karma button top right, cos it's often out of sight when one is reading a post.

Or maybe you've moved to OZ?
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Hi Lynn - I might be wrong, but I believe that the mods are all jointly responsible for all of the forums. One suggestion I've seen others make is to use the "report this post" feature on your own post (the exclamation mark button next to the karma button at the top right of the post) and ask for a moderator to PM you so you can ask them a question.
That's correct. But, as noted, the "Report Post" button is at the bottom left of the post, unless you're standing on your head .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:47 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Or, from the bottom of the main forum page, Forum Leaders (or administrators/editors)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

lol! No, I'm neither in Oz nor trying out for the world "standing on your head" record. Heh!

I totally forgot that when I first registered here, I changed the layout setting from the default. At least, I assume I must have done, since you all seem to have it set differently.

Select Quick Links - Edit Options, then scroll aaaaall the way down to the bit labelled "Postbit Style", select "Modern", then "Save Changes".

Attached screenshot shows what the forums, and individual posts, look like at my end.

With the Karma and ! buttons top right for each post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	postbit-modern.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	68067  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Or, from the bottom of the main forum page, Forum Leaders (or administrators/editors)
Ack! Thanks Geoff - I can never remember where that link is! I always end up looking for it in the FAQs, Contact Us, About Us, then giving up.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That would explain it . Thanks, Donna!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Select Quick Links - Edit Options, then scroll aaaaall the way down to the bit labelled "Postbit Style", select "Modern", then "Save Changes".
Cooooll! Thanks Donna. More Karma coming your way.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
Cooooll! Thanks Donna. More Karma coming your way.