Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Haarlson
Haarlson
Haarlson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Feedbooks - Experiences?

Hi, I'm fairly new here. Still haven't sorted out a signature.
I'm curious about any writer's/publisher's experience of SELLING work on Feedbooks. I know most of the books are public domain, but they do now have a store. I tried uploading a test piece but at no time during the process was I asked to set price/royalty rate etc. So, I'm wondering - how was it for you? All responses gratefully received.
Haarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Feedbooks doesn't let you publish your own stuff with them. They're mostly public domain works, and for their store they go through companies. At least, that's what I saw when I was looking around.
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I have some short stories on Feedbooks but they are all free.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Haarlson
Haarlson
Haarlson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your replies. Feedbooks most certainly does allow you to upload texts and they now have a store http://www.feedbooks.com/store here. But, as said in my OP couldn't find where to set price/royalty rate. Thanks.
Haarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
As Harper Kingley said, they allow people to upload self-published books for free, and sell books that are published through publishing houses.

Copied from their FAQ:
"How do I get paid ?

Currently, self-published titles on Feedbooks are all available for free and therefore, there's no revenue sharing between Feedbooks and authors.

This might change in the future, but our priority is to improve our publishing platform first rather than focus on selling titles from authors."
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I've published some books on Feebooks and got plenty of download. It's hard to tell how many people are reading them. I don't think I got a single review, though it's sometime since I've looked.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedbooks, self-pubbing