Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #841
9000RPM
9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Duokan for Kindle Paperwhite is released. Supports jailbroken 5.2.0

hxxp://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=110659&uk=3844333464

Click the white rectangular button. Enjoy. This file contains duokan for KP and Kindle Touch. Version is 2012 R7.0.

I'm currently downloading this and will report back once I get it on my KP.

Edit*

I got it installed so if anyone needs installation help. Read below:

1.Extract the zip file.
2.Copy the "DK_System" folder into your root.
3.For Paperwhite, copy the "data.stgz" into root. For touch, copy "diagnostic_logs" "data.tar" and "enable_diags" into root.
4.Eject and unplug your kindle from your computer.
5.Restart your kindle.
6.Restart your kindle again and it will install Duokan.
7. Enjoy

Everything is in Chinese, but I have contacted its developer to offer a helping hand with a English translation. They said they will contact me once they are ready for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	96245  

Last edited by 9000RPM; 11-16-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: update
9000RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #842
9000RPM
9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough9000RPM will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassX View Post
Thanks a lot, any help appreciated.

Hey Glassx,

Did you try updating to the newer version for your kindle? Seems like they might have fixed the bug.
9000RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #843
leonardo84
leonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with othersleonardo84 plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
I just installed the today's version on my KT. I am unable to rotate any pdf, anyone know if they have disabled this feature.
leonardo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #844
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
I've got Duokan lite installed (from http://kindl3blog.blogspot.com/2012/...ish-built.html) and updated to the latest version using the built-in check updates functionality, but I can't get it to see mobi files. Based on the documentation I've looked at in the OP, it should be able to.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #845
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Hi 9000RPM!

There is an opportunity to change language on Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Touch in Duokan.

First step:
In the Kindle please set the original Kindle operation system.
Connect your Kindle to the USB cable then connect the opposite end of the USB cable to your computer.

Search for the config.ini here: H:\DK_System\xKindle

Second step:
Rewrite the number behind "Language" word to "2".
This number depend on your Kindle. Which position is the "english.txt" (here:H:\DK_System\xKindle\res\language)?
If the second place then type 2, or the third place, please type 3 to behind "Language" word.

Third step:
Overwrite the "config.ini" and restart your Kindle. Ideally the menu will be English.

Please tell me if the procedure was successful or not!

Good luck!

Last edited by Kobudera; 11-16-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #846
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
I've got Duokan lite installed (from http://kindl3blog.blogspot.com/2012/...ish-built.html) and updated to the latest version using the built-in check updates functionality, but I can't get it to see mobi files. Based on the documentation I've looked at in the OP, it should be able to.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
BTW, I originally had Duokan, which didn't have MOBI, but from everything I've read just swapping out the DK_SYSTEM folder for Duokan Lite should be all that's necessary to switch to the Lite version.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #847
tonuzzo84
tonuzzo84 began at the beginning.

I don't find the "change.txt" file in the folder you mentioned. Are you sure that the procedure is correct?
tonuzzo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #848
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonuzzo84 View Post
I don't find the "change.txt" file in the folder you mentioned. Are you sure that the procedure is correct?
Hi tonuzzo84!

Sorry! config.ini!!

Last edited by Kobudera; 11-16-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #849
tonuzzo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
Hi tonuzzo84!
Sorry! config.ini!!
Hi Kobudera!
I opened the file and wrote the line "Language=2", but language is still Chinese. The procedure didn't work for my Kindle Touch.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #850
fforc9e
fforc9e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle B00E with DuoKan
Do you think thay will make DK which supports KP 5.3.0?? Im worry about this soft version. I thinking about buying KP in April.
fforc9e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #851
Kobudera
Hungarian

Quote:
Hi Kobudera!
I opened the file and wrote the line "Language=2", but language is still Chinese. The procedure didn't work for my Kindle Touch.

Did you begin it with this step?

"First step:
In the Kindle please set the original Kindle operation system."
Old 11-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #852
tonuzzo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
Did you begin it with this step?
"First step:
In the Kindle please set the original Kindle operation system."
Yes, I did. Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #853
tonuzzo84

Quote:
Yes, I did. Thank you very much for your suggestion.
I did, but it didn't work.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #854
Kobudera
Hungarian

Quote:
I did, but it didn't work.
Did you do everything step by step Did you save the file?
Did you change from Kindle OS to Duokan OS?
This way is in working order with Kindle 3 and 4. I haven't any tips.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #855
Kobudera
Hungarian

Hi everybody!

Update (2012.11.17) English.txt: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33608656/Duokan/English.txt

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf