Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
parkz
parkz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
kobo software help

i kinda deleted the files needed to see books... um... any way to fix this?
parkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkz View Post
i kinda deleted the files needed to see books... um... any way to fix this?
What was it that you deleted?
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
parkz

um... the sqlite files i think... not really sure.. was deleting a single book but think i had everything selected and was a bit distracted so wasnt paying much attention. now my kobo just comes up with "no books found"
Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
RedRoverJ
Zealot
RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RedRoverJ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo
If you installed the Kobo desktop software you should be able to re-sync your Kobo and it will create the database. If your books are still on the Kobo, it should find them when you sync.
RedRoverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:09 AM   #5
parkz

i didnt instal the kobo desktop software. is there anywhere i can download it from? Ive had a short look and couldnt find it...
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 04:11 AM   #6
Bismar
Connoisseur
Bismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo eReader
The installer for both Mac and PC are on the kobo eReader itself.
Bismar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
parkz

yeah... theyre gone... everything was deleted
Old 06-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #8
Bismar
Connoisseur
Bismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-booksBismar has learned how to read e-books

Can't help you there sorry, the australian version contains borders rebranded software.
Bismar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Reset via the keypad (menu/settings/advanced/reset device now), followed by Kobo application sync, won't reconstitute the free books, if you've gone in and removed them from the database.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Contact support?
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #11
The Whether Man
The Whether Man began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch
You might be able to get them back with a file recovery tool such as Recuva. Or copy the files from someone in your area who has a Kobo.
The Whether Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
I read somewhere, either here or on the facebook discussion page that if you call Kobo support, they'll give you the url of a download site. Sounds like you can get all you need that way...apparently you're not the only one who's encountered this situation. Good luck.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
OP, please PM me with the retailer you bought the Kobo from, and I will send you a link to download the correct desktop software from.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #14
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Sameer: Maybe it would be a good idea to have links to the latest software installers on the Kobo Reader website? Or do you want to avoid a situation where i.e. an Australian Kobo Reader owner accidentally installs the Canadian desktop app instead of the Australian Borders app?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial View Post
Sameer: Maybe it would be a good idea to have links to the latest software installers on the Kobo Reader website? Or do you want to avoid a situation where i.e. an Australian Kobo Reader owner accidentally installs the Canadian desktop app instead of the Australian Borders app?
That's correct.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote