Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
360: no 'random logo' option anymore

Is there a maximum to the number of logo files you can put in the logo directory?

I've put in quite a few, but now all of a sudden there no longer is a 'random' option in the power off and boot menu settings any longer. I can only choose 'none', or pick one of the logos by hand (and not all of them, because the number of logos that can be listed there is definitely capped by a maximum).
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Is there a maximum to the number of logo files you can put in the logo directory?

I've put in quite a few, but now all of a sudden there no longer is a 'random' option in the power off and boot menu settings any longer. I can only choose 'none', or pick one of the logos by hand (and not all of them, because the number of logos that can be listed there is definitely capped by a maximum).
franklekens:

I've got version 15.2 now on my PB360 (received it with 15.1 and then downgraded to 14.2 prior to the new release). All of the versions have the random logo option. I've probably got over 200 pictures on mine (in the logo folder) and I've got random logo set for both options (on & off).

So, when you go to either logo option (Configuration/Appearance/Boot logo -or- Power-off Logo), move the cursor either up or down so you can get to the end of the list (make it jump to the bottom versus scrolling through to it). You should see the random logo option show up. It's still there, you've just got to find it amongst all your logos ...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know, but when I had 200 logo files on the device, and used the minifred theme, I couldn't scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, where the option 'random' is. I could scroll down to 'more...' several times, after which a new list would appear; but after the fifth or sixth of these, it stopped.

I don't know, I just reduced the number to <100 and changed the theme to Fred & now I can choose random again.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
franklekens
Addict

Ah, i see this in the changelog for Firmware 15.2 elsewhere on this forum:

- Fixed display of long lists (more than 170 elements) in the settings

Apparently, this is a bug in the 14.2 Firmware I'm still using. (And until I hear 15.2 is stable, will continue to use.)