Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #61
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by User75 View Post
[B]I have a Question about Jutoh Plus:

How can I make a colored background behind the text?
Have you tried using a style (either paragraph or character style) and in the "fonts" tab of the style properties, apply a background colour? (bottom right of the dialog)

Seems to work for me.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #62
User75
User75 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Have you tried using a style (either paragraph or character style) and in the "fonts" tab of the style properties, apply a background colour? (bottom right of the dialog)
I can select the text, choose the Format/Font menu command, and use 'bg colour' field to choose the colour. Alternatively, I can edit a named paragraph or character style and do the same thing. I know it. But unfortunately the background colour will be associated with the text rather than the box containing it. Try it and you can see it.
I heard that I can alternatively add html code with a div to my content, marked with the "HTML" style, but I do not know how

P.S.
When I start a new text line, a blank line is automatically generated. How can I delete this blank line?

Last edited by User75; 09-13-2013 at 03:24 PM.
User75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #63
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
But unfortunately the background colour will be associated with the text rather than the box containing it. Try it and you can see it.
Are you meaning in the editing window in Jutoh itself? In some respects this is only partially WYSIWYG, and in the display there the background only appears to underly the text, not (for instance) if you have an indent at the start or if the text doesn't extend to the margin in the bottom line.

But when you generate the epub, the background then shows as a full rectangular block, margin to margin on all lines, as in your sample. Is that not what you get?

Quote:
I heard that I can alternatively add html code with a div to my content, marked with the "HTML" style, but I do not know how
You can modifythe style by going into the Edit Style dialog, highlight the style, but then instead of clicking on Edit, click on Properties. There, you have the option to "Use Custom CSS". Your alternative code goes in there, and if you click the checl-box this code will be used for the style in your generated epub.

Quote:
When I start a new text line, a blank line is automatically generated. How can I delete this blank line?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you give a quick run-down of the steps you're using?

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 09-14-2013 at 05:57 AM.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #64
User75

Question

So it looks in MS-Word 2010:

Exactly so it should be also shown in the ebook.

If I give this into jutoh, it looks thus:

In the reader it looks so:

The background colour is associated with the text and this is wrong. It should also be no white lines between.

When I try it with a HTML-Code over "Format -> Insert -> HTML Object", it looks into jutoh so:

The first Code ist:
<p class=MsoBodyText align=center style='text-align:center; mso-line-height-rule:exactly;background:#D9D9D9;mso-background-themecolor:background1;
mso-background-themeshade:217'>

The second code is:
<p class=MsoNormal style='background:#D9D9D9;mso-background-themecolor:background1;
mso-background-themeshade:217'>

In the reader ist looks so:

With the HTML-Code is the Backround-colour-field right, but there are white lines too and the field with the colour is not continuous. Also the justification of the text is not correct.

It should looks how in Word 2010, too

Last edited by User75; 09-14-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #65
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I think you need to code it by hand, I do not think you can do that with Jutoh.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #66
Julian Smart
Enthusiast
Julian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Hello Heiko,

Sorry if I didn't explain adequately how to do this when we corresponded by email.

You can use a div as follows:

<div style="background:#D9D9D9;">
(your regular Jutoh content)
</div>

Apply the "HTML" paragraph style to the div start and end tags (but not to your content inbetween).

I think your question about not adding a blank line refers to the after-paragraph spacing in the style you are using, so you need to edit the style and set the spacing to zero.

Regards,

Julian
Julian Smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #67
User75

Question

Hi Julian,

it does not work 100%.

So it looks in Jutho:

The following settings was made​​:

HTML-Code1:
<div style="text-align:center; background:#D9D9D9;">

HTML-Code2:
</div>

The justify-text-formatting of the title does not work when I use a HTML-Code, because the text does not appear centered in the reader. So I've changed your html-code 1 with "text-align:center".

Here you can see the paragraph-Formatting:

The Text is centered (but it does not work) and the spacings are "0".

In the Reader it looks so:

I do not understand why a blank line is after the heading.
How do I get away?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:17 AM   #68
User75

Hi julian,

do you already know when the next updates comes?
Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #69
Julian Smart
Enthusiast
Julian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enough

Hello Heiko,

I'm afraid I can't really tell what's going on, but if you can email me your .jutoh file, I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Julian
Old 09-20-2013, 02:57 AM   #70
Julian Smart
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hi julian,

do you already know when the next updates comes?
I expect in the next couple of weeks. Are you looking for anything in particular?

Regards,

Julian
Old 09-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #71
User75

Exclamation

Hi Julian,

thank you for your service!

The problem should be resolved with the update.
Look how it is done in MS-word.

When I press "Shift + Enter" there is no blank line after the heading, but then the following text takes on the formatting of the heading.
That should be changed.

It would be good if you can adding a feature for superscript numbers and letters.

P.S.
Du solltest das Programm auch ins deutsche übersetzen, da der Deutsche ebook-Markt vermutlich der größte in Europa ist
Old 09-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #72
User75

Question

Now I have another problem with Jutho:

I want to insert a graphic (4,3 x 4,3 cm) into the ebook.
It is a PNG-Picture in RGB.
This is the graphic in MS-Word 2010:

But this is the same graphic in Jutho:

The graphic is shown too large in Jutho.
What must we do, that the graphic will be shown correctly in Jutho?

Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #73
Julian Smart
Enthusiast

Quote:
Now I have another problem with Jutho:

I want to insert a graphic (4,3 x 4,3 cm) into the ebook.
It is a PNG-Picture in RGB.
This is the graphic in MS-Word 2010:
I'll answer this and your other tech support questions by email since that's quicker for both of us.

Thanks,

Julian
Old 12-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #74
berra
berra began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
epubcheck ?

Hi, I get this error when running "epubcheck":
"ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/section-0004.html: could not parse OPS/section-0004.html: duplicate id: a__Toc373689548"

How to deal with it ?

/Berra
berra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by berra View Post
Hi, I get this error when running "epubcheck":
"ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/section-0004.html: could not parse OPS/section-0004.html: duplicate id: a__Toc373689548"

How to deal with it ?

/Berra
In the file section-0004.html you have an ID that is used elsewhere. Edit the file and change the ID to something unique or have a look at the ePub (as a whole) and see if you can just delete the ID.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote