Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
nathander13
nathander13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Feature Request - cover browse in the "Fetch Metadata from server" function

It would be very helpful to me if you could see the associated covers in the "fetch metadata from server" function.

Sometimes when I look up a book I have like 10+ options. I select the best one, but the cover associated with it is missing or from a different edition etc. Sometimes there are multiple covers associated and one has better art etc, but its just a crapshoot when you go to download the cover and it takes several attempts to find the correct cover.

There are obviously workarounds. I can go online, do a google search and then download exactly the cover I want, but that is an extra time consuming step. If I could select exactly the cover I want when I'm selecting the metadata it would save me a lot of time. Maybe have two check boxes, one next to the metadata I want, and the other next to the cover I want?

Thanks for listening and keep up the good work!

Nate
nathander13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Feature Requests should be raised via ticket on the Calibre home site. If only done via the forum they tend to get lost amongst the flood of other messages.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert