Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
McCarter, Margaret Hill: Vanguards of the Plains. V1. 29 Jan 2010

McCarter, Margaret Hill, 1860-1938. Topeka author Margaret Hill McCarter became well known during the early 20th century for her novels set against a background of the Kansas Prairies. Such works as The Price of the Prairie, which dealt with settlers in post Civil War Kansas and A Wall of Man, which portrayed the struggle between free-state and pro-slavery factions, appealed to readers who appreciated her detailed descriptions of the landscape and events.
Kansas Historical Society

Excerpt
It might have been but yesterday that I saw it all: the glinting sunlight on the yellow Missouri boiling endlessly along at the foot of the bluff; the flood-washed sands across the river; the tangle of tall, coarse weeds fringing them, edged by the scrubby underbrush. And beyond that the big trees of the Missouri woodland, so level against the eastern horizon that I used to wonder if I might not walk upon their solid-looking tops if I could only reach them. I wondered, too, why the trees on our side of the river should vary so in height when those in the eastern distance were so evenly grown.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: imp McCarter, Margaret Hill - Vanguards of the Plains.imp (751.6 KB, 300 views)
File Type: imp McCarter, Margaret Hill - Vanguards of the Plains_1200.imp (723.1 KB, 294 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote