Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
tzn22
Avid Reader
tzn22 began at the beginning.

Device: Blue ez reader pocket pro
Question Question on how to create and copy folders and subfolders

I am a first timer in using an e-reader and writing in a forum. So my question may be pretty basic, if so please forgive me. I am pretty good at following instruction when there are some. Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to find anything in writing that will answer my question.

I know how I want to organize by books Genre/Authors/name of series/. Unfortunately, in ADE (Adobe Digital Edition), I was only able to create folders, not subfolders.

Not only that, but even though I understand that the EZ reader Pocket Pro supports folders, I did not manage to copy any of my folders on my e-reader.

So, how can I create folders and subfolders and copy them on my e-reader?

Thanks in advance for your response.
tzn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzn22 View Post
I am a first timer in using an e-reader and writing in a forum. So my question may be pretty basic, if so please forgive me. I am pretty good at following instruction when there are some. Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to find anything in writing that will answer my question.

I know how I want to organize by books Genre/Authors/name of series/. Unfortunately, in ADE (Adobe Digital Edition), I was only able to create folders, not subfolders.

Not only that, but even though I understand that the EZ reader Pocket Pro supports folders, I did not manage to copy any of my folders on my e-reader.

So, how can I create folders and subfolders and copy them on my e-reader?

Thanks in advance for your response.
First of all. Welcome to the group.

What Operating System are you using?
Are you using the SD card or main storage?
Are there spaces in the folder names (Jules Verne vs Jules_Verne), or non-English characters?

Nested folders usually do work
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The trick is not to use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer ebooks to your EZ Reader.

When you connect via USB, you should get two USB filesystems. One is the internal memory and the other is your SD card. You can copy and paste entire folders from your desktop to the USB drives (i.e. your EZ Reader) or create new folders just as you would on any other disk drive.

Note that you don't need to put Adobe ePubs and PDFs in the Adobe-created folder on the EZ Reader. They work from any folder.

Under Windows, the USB drives might each open an Explorer window automatically. If not, you can find them under My Computer.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
tzn22
Avid Reader
tzn22 began at the beginning.

Device: Blue ez reader pocket pro
theducks: my computer is a Mac and my OS is OS10.4. I was indeed using the SD card rather than the internal memory. As for folders name, some have space in it, others don't.

wallcraft: I did transferred my books and tried to do so with my folders from Adobe Digital Editions to my e-reader. As soon as I get it back (as it was sent back to Astak to be exchanged), I will try your method.

Thanks
tzn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzn22 View Post
theducks: my computer is a Mac and my OS is OS10.4. I was indeed using the SD card rather than the internal memory. As for folders name, some have space in it, others don't.

wallcraft: I did transferred my books and tried to do so with my folders from Adobe Digital Editions to my e-reader. As soon as I get it back (as it was sent back to Astak to be exchanged), I will try your method.

Thanks
I am not a Mac person (Win/Ubuntu) , but copy/paste should work if you can get your USB to work right (When USB fails, it is obvious).
I now use a SD Card reader to transfer my files and avoid the Windows XP-PEz USB2 frustration .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert