Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #31
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Okay I usually don't have this kind of trouble online but for the life of me I can't get this deal to work. I can't find a way to add the discount after I have added the reader to the cart. I have shopped online plenty of times and used coupon codes and all but this borders deal is giving me a right pain in the butt. I would appreciate any pointers as to what it is I am missing.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #32
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Looks like the banner is gone now.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #33
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
This deal finally tipped me over to buy a Sony. I got mine this afternoon.

I did use the coupon that came in my email from Borders.

I have a dumb question though: do you HAVE to sign up with the Sony bookstore? I downloaded the Sony software a while back when I was considering just using it on my netbook. I was seriously underwhelmed by it, and de-authorized my netbook and took the software off it.
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #34
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
I figured it out. add the 505 to the shopping cart and use the coupon code "sony505read" and it will mark it down to 199.99
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #35
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I just picked up a blue one at my local Borders.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #36
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
I wonder if these sales will pressure Amazon to lower the price on the Kindle 2.
HA! I doubt it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archergal5219 View Post
This deal finally tipped me over to buy a Sony. I got mine this afternoon.

I did use the coupon that came in my email from Borders.

I have a dumb question though: do you HAVE to sign up with the Sony bookstore? I downloaded the Sony software a while back when I was considering just using it on my netbook. I was seriously underwhelmed by it, and de-authorized my netbook and took the software off it.
YAY for your Sony!! I hope you enjoy it. And, no you don't necessarily have to use the Sony connect Software. I use Adobe Digital Editions as well. And alot of people use Calibre for their libraries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklynds View Post
I figured it out. add the 505 to the shopping cart and use the coupon code "sony505read" and it will mark it down to 199.99
GOOD! I was worried there for a minute. Glad you figured it out. Enjoy! I love your default pic btw. I love the way the yellow pops out. (Sorry I'm a photography nut...only I would notice such things )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I just picked up a blue one at my local Borders.
Cool! I'm so happy to see all these new 505 lovers!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #37
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
YAY for your Sony!! I hope you enjoy it. And, no you don't necessarily have to use the Sony connect Software. I use Adobe Digital Editions as well. And alot of people use Calibre for their libraries.
Just this afternoon I figured out how to do format shifting for books I already own (eReader & Mobipocket files), and it appears to work great! That, and the good deal at Borders, were what finally tipped me over the edge.
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #38
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archergal5219 View Post
Just this afternoon I figured out how to do format shifting for books I already own (eReader & Mobipocket files), and it appears to work great! That, and the good deal at Borders, were what finally tipped me over the edge.
Very cool! I don't know how to do that yet. I tried it, and it was just too much for me at that moment, so I gave up for now. Maybe I'll come back to it later, but for now, I have MORE than enough to read. Glad you figured everything out!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #39
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
I'm seriously considering this deal. The one thing holding me back is not knowing how much the brokerage and other import fees would add up to.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:44 AM   #40
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
love reading of this because it shows the true margins on these devices. Sans a new device release, this could be Sony responding to the price point of soon to be released readers over the rest of the year. It's a very good price and makes a 5" reader for $200 direct from the mfg seem like they are over priced by a fair amount, say $50 over priced.

If they keep this price point, and who knows they just might, it sure puts a ton of pressure on Amazon's K2 price. Whispernet is nice, but it is not $170 more (or whatever it really is) nice.

If I liked the 505 display I would grab one of these in a heartbeat. It's a really nicely made reader.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:42 AM   #41
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Ahh for some reason both on Firefox and IE7 it won't apply the discount!! In Firefox it does nothing and in IE it does nothing but at least it displays at the bottom of the page that there was an error. Anyone understand this?

Quote:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0)
Timestamp: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:38:42 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.borders.com/online/N449995792/js/shopcart.js

Line: 1
URI: http://www.borders.com/online/162980...s/validator.js

Line: 981
Char: 3
URI: http://www.borders.com/online/store/...OrderCalculate

Line: 760

Line: 885
Char: 3

Message: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object
Line: 739
Char: 5
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #42
babylemon
Code Monkey
babylemon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
That's because they've removed that from the website.

You can still print out the coupon and go to the store to get one, tho Tho when I went just now, they asked me for my borders reward card...
babylemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #43
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Since he's in Japan, I doubt there's a Borders nearby.

No PRS-505s on the website at all now. Either that was a mistake or they've sold out already.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #44
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
check this thread........

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48671
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #45
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
One of my contacts in the US said the guy he talked to at Borders said that the coupon had cleaned them out of stock. Just goes to show you that $200 is the price at which buying an e-reader becomes a no-brainer.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote