Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Superspec
Superspec began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mountain Lion on iMac Incompatable ?

hi..

Upgraded to Mountain Lion , Upgraded calibre and nothing is working...

OSX build is ....126A129 iMac is Intel i5 2011 with 12 gig of Memory ...

Calibre is latest down load..

When I say nothing happens, basically interface starts but no library can be selected..

Have a Mac Book Pro still on Snow Leopard and all is well using new release of calibre..

Any advise ??
Superspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Working for me with latest release. See this thread. I don't think it's a Mountain Lion issue. Was calibre installed on your iMac when you upgraded to Mountain Lion, or is this a new install?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
It's working for me too. Try this: Open calibre. Under the Library icon select Switch/Create Library. Click the icon to the right of New Location box to bring up file browser. Navigate to the location of your previously existing calibre library. Ensure the button is selected for Use previously existing library at new location. Click OK.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Superspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Working for me with latest release. See this thread. I don't think it's a Mountain Lion issue. Was calibre installed on your iMac when you upgraded to Mountain Lion, or is this a new install?

G
Read that thread first, its not that calibre is blocked rather it will not function once loaded.

Yes it was installed before on snow leopard and worked 100% I went via Lion before mountain Lion but had no cause to use Calibre until this further upgrade..

I am an ios developer hence my need to go to Mountain Lion for iOS facilities on Xcode..
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Superspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
It's working for me too. Try this: Open calibre. Under the Library icon select Switch/Create Library. Click the icon to the right of New Location box to bring up file browser. Navigate to the location of your previously existing calibre library. Ensure the button is selected for Use previously existing library at new location. Click OK.
I can't get that option to work..

I do understand how Calibre works have been using for about 2 years on and off.

I have librarys both named as the default + extras I can't get the app to do anything I click on the option nothing happens, then in a few cases the app shuts down..

Its got to be some confguration hang over but I can't find it in preferences etc.. Anyone have any idea of what option could cause this when on Mountain lion..
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspec View Post
Its got to be some confguration hang over but I can't find it in preferences etc.. Anyone have any idea of what option could cause this when on Mountain lion..
Make sure calibre is shut down then find the calibre settings directory and either rename the folder (for possible use later) or delete the folder. Now start calibre. A new calibre settings folder will be created and if anything in the settings was corrupted this will fix your install.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
Superspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Make sure calibre is shut down then find the calibre settings directory and either rename the folder (for possible use later) or delete the folder. Now start calibre. A new calibre settings folder will be created and if anything in the settings was corrupted this will fix your install.

Good Luck.
Thanks...

Its not a setting directory its the preference directory in preference library for some reason search did not find the reference deleted completely ran and it was like a new install, pointed the library right and yes it works..

Do you think I should register ra bug report because it must be a function of the upgrade to lion to mountain lion not update on calibre..

Cheers again

Old 08-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Its not a setting directory its the preference directory in preference library for some reason search did not find the reference deleted completely ran and it was like a new install, pointed the library right and yes it works..
Re-installing after deleting or renaming the calibre settings directory has the same effect.

Quote:
Do you think I should register ra bug report because it must be a function of the upgrade to lion to mountain lion not update on calibre..
I'm not a OSX user you can file a bug report, but many folks have gone through the same upgrade you did without error.

Glad you got it working again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote