Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
hemna
hemna can extract oil from cheesehemna can extract oil from cheesehemna can extract oil from cheesehemna can extract oil from cheesehemna can extract oil from cheesehemna can extract oil from cheesehemna can extract oil from cheesehemna can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question root password doesn't work

I have a jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite. usbnetwork is working and I had shell access working via ssh over usb. I'm not sure what changed, but after I installed KUAL, skipstone, backdoor lock, the root password doesn't work.

I can't get access to the kindle now. The root password was 'mario', but it doesn't work now. I've tried the framework user with mario password, that doesn't work either.
hemna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
do the shared keys thing..
then you don't need a password..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... and please search the forum before asking questions that have been answered multiple times.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemna View Post
I have a jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite. usbnetwork is working and I had shell access working via ssh over usb. I'm not sure what changed, but after I installed KUAL, skipstone, backdoor lock, the root password doesn't work.

I can't get access to the kindle now. The root password was 'mario', but it doesn't work now. I've tried the framework user with mario password, that doesn't work either.
Telnet (part of the USBnetworking package install) does not require a password over the USB cable.

Use that access to fix your problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, paperwhite, password, root, root password