Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Changing where Calibre looks for library

I have two computers on the same network, and have gotten thoroughly sick of what a pain it is to keep my libraries synced with each other (I'm sure there's some super-easy semi-automatic method I've completely failed to find ), so now want the laptop (which connects to the network via WiFi) and the desktop (hardwired connection) to share the library residing on the laptop's hard drive (with both computers able to make changes as needed, depending on which one I'm using at that time). I chose the laptop because it's faster and I'd want my library with me if traveling.

How do I tell the Calibre setup on the desktop to use the library on the network drive mapped to the laptop? I haven't yet figured out how to change that.

Thanks for patience with ditziness. It's been one of those weeks.

Update: as usual (I am a plaything for Murphy's Law), I stumbled across the answer shortly after posting. Rerunning the Welcome wizard gave me a change to change what drive it was looking for. I do still have the content server Stanza can figure out on the desktop (that has a fixed IP address), but am now happily updating library info on the laptop. Side note: the fumbling around I did with this also helped me figure out a similar operation with iTunes, so I wound up solving two ongoing nuisances at once.

Last edited by Seanette; 07-17-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: adding update
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote