Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Paris meetup THIS SATURDAY ! 19 june 2010

Yet again the time has flown past and our next Paris meetup is only a few days away, this saturday the 19th of June ! Please mark your calendars, make sure your reader is charged and ready and leave us a little note in this thread to say you'll be there. Can't wait to see you all !

Here are all the details :

When : Saturday, 19 June starting at 6pm

Where : bar La Sardine, place Ste. Marthe (room behind the bar)
M° Belleville (2, 11), Goncourt (11), ou Colonel Fabien (2).
site : http://barlasardine.com/restaurant-place-sainte-marthe/

google map

more infos

Hé ben, le temps a filé encore et je m'aperçois que notre prochain apéro parisien est ce samedi le 19 juin ! Marquez la date d'une pierre blanche, chargez bien vos liseuses, et laissez-nous un petit mot pour confirmer votre présence dans ce fil. Au plaisir de vous (re)voir !

Voici tous les détails :

Quand : samedi le 19 juin, à partir de 18h
Où : salle du fond au bar La Sardine, place Ste. Marthe,
M° Belleville (2, 11), Goncourt (11), ou Colonel Fabien (2).
site : http://barlasardine.com/restaurant-place-sainte-marthe/

plan google

plus d'infos

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Amusez-vous bien! Amusez-vous!
Si seulement je pouvais être là avec vous, boire et danser et festoyer toute la nuit!

[If Google translate has caused me to inadvertently propose marriage, insult your wife, or blaspheme your family, I apologize!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Amusez-vous bien! Amusez-vous!
Si seulement je pouvais être là avec vous, boire et danser et festoyer toute la nuit!

[If Google translate has caused me to inadvertently propose marriage, insult your wife, or blaspheme your family, I apologize!]
merci poohbear ! nous trinquerons en ton honneur ! peut-être que tu pourras venir la prochaine fois !

[wow poohbear, it is unbelievably generous of you to offer to buy everyone who attends the meetup an ipad ! thank you ! ]
Old 06-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
merci poohbear ! nous trinquerons en ton honneur ! peut-être que tu pourras venir la prochaine fois !

[wow poohbear, it is unbelievably generous of you to offer to buy everyone who attends the meetup an ipad ! thank you ! ]
Google translate just saved me from a coronary - and paying a bounty hunter to find Alex and my prize iPad!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Google translate just saved me from a coronary - and paying a bounty hunter to find Alex and my prize iPad!
so you're saying you haven't done that already ? i have to admit i'm surprised.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
so you're saying you haven't done that already ? i have to admit i'm surprised.
I've planned for that contingency if there's no announcement of my winning by the end of June. Everyone else will be dead of frustration! I've had a certain Rock Lobster recommended for the job!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Z, if you want me to come, don't plan it during the WC... I think it'd be an impossible task to get my husband away from the TV long enough to even go to a construction store this saturday. And that's only 7km away...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I've planned for that contingency if there's no announcement of my winning by the end of June. Everyone else will be dead of frustration! I've had a certain Rock Lobster recommended for the job!
Rock Lobster, eh ? well this should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Z, if you want me to come, don't plan it during the WC... I think it'd be an impossible task to get my husband away from the TV long enough to even go to a construction store this saturday. And that's only 7km away...
you have to choose your priorities in life, sweetpea !
Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
you have to choose your priorities in life, sweetpea !
My priorities are straight. The ones of that lazy husband of mine are crooked... He just insists to seeing the Dutch team lose...
Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #10
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
This morning I asked my husband if I could come to the meetup (we're in the USA). I told him it was in Paris, and he said no. Can you believe that? My 6-year old daughter overheard and she said, "Where is it?" "Paris." "Well then you can go, you're a parent!" I guess in her mind since Paris and Parent sound close together, I can go! She said I could use the car, so I had to show her the world map, and that it's not possible to get there with the car.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
This morning I asked my husband if I could come to the meetup (we're in the USA). I told him it was in Paris, and he said no. Can you believe that? My 6-year old daughter overheard and she said, "Where is it?" "Paris." "Well then you can go, you're a parent!" I guess in her mind since Paris and Parent sound close together, I can go! She said I could use the car, so I had to show her the world map, and that it's not possible to get there with the car.
It would be possible. Go to the nearest harbour, rent a boat, put the car on the boat, and paddle to the other side of that pond... Or, you could take the long way round, by way of Alaska and Siberia, you'd have less to paddle then...
Old 06-18-2010, 04:19 AM   #12
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It would be possible. Go to the nearest harbour, rent a boat, put the car on the boat, and paddle to the other side of that pond... Or, you could take the long way round, by way of Alaska and Siberia, you'd have less to paddle then...
Some time ago, you could get an itinerary on Google Maps between two places on different continents. It just took you to the ocean, then said "cross the Atlantic" and took up from a landing point on the other continent. I don't think it works that way now. Shame...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:22 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Shoot! You're right! It now says I need to take the ferry if I want to go to London...
Old 06-18-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Sadly not possible to join you guys in Paris,

Have a Fabulous Day,

LEICESTER, UK next time ??? LOL
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #15
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Parti, comme le homard en folie!

Assurez-vous de publier des photos candides et embarrassant! Beaucoup!

[Disclaimer: Any and all international incidents, declarations of war or fatwa, and resulting mob scenes are the fault of Google translate and its subsidiaries (the monkeys typing out the translations).

Tags
apéro, meet-up, meetup, paris