Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Touchscreen problems

After a very busy week I was finally sitting down, relaxing with a book, happily turning pages using the buttons, when one footnote appeared. Clicking the link required the use of the touchscreen, so I tapped and tapped, with finger and stylus, and got increasingly frustrated that I always seemed to miss the little star that led to the footnote. Until it occurred to me to test other touchscreen functions, and sure enough, none worked.

On the main menu, tapping at "more" highlighted "Currently Reading". Tapping anywhere else did nothing at all. So I thought, calibration problems, let's try a hard reset. Well, I'm now at the screen calibration process, and, you guessed it, I can't calibrate because I can't tap on the center of the X, whatever I do.

Any ideas what might have happened to mess with the touchscreen?
Any ideas how to solve this?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
You might want to take a look at this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=crumbs

I hope I did that right and I hope it helps.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Thank you so much! It worked!

I did vaguely remember a thread like that, but in my panic I couldn't even work out how to search for it...

For anyone else reading, it was tiny crumbs in the gap between the rim and the touchscreen, easily removed with a toothpick or needle. Phew!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
I'm glad it worked.

I take my 900 out in the sun occasionally and give it a good looking over in an attempt to keep the crumbs under control. so far so good.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote