Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
intenex
intenex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
eReadMore.com - Borrow and Lend your Nook books here!

Hello everyone,

For Christmas, I bought my mother a brand new Nook (read: well refurbished). As I was walking her through how to use it, I became very excited about the book lending feature included on the nook. However, I realized that there would be one small problem with program - how would users possibly find books to borrow from other users?

Thankfully, a solution to the problem wasn't too difficult. I've erected a forum at eReadMore.com, where users can join, post books that they wish to lend, and borrow books that they wish to read.

The forum actively encourages the lending of books through a credit system where the number of books you lend is roughly approximate to the number of books you can borrow. With enough users, we can create a network where potentially any lendable Nook book can be found on our site and borrowed for free.

The lifeblood of the site is its users, however, and that's why we need you to come and be a part of the site! Join now at eReadMore.com and learn more.

The first ten users to register on the site, accumulate more than ten posts and post two books to lend will be given special VIP status and a free book loan credit.

Thanks for helping!
Ben
intenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Another site for lending nookbooks is booksfornooks.com. I think that it's been around since the Nook was originally released.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
intenex
intenex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Really? The forum there doesn't seem to have a place specifically for lending/borrowing books..
intenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
The book lending system there isn't done through the forums. Once you've joined, you enter your books that are lendable, and you can search or browse for books that are available. When you request a book, it sends an email to the BooksForNooks member, and the member is supposed to lend it to you, and then you can provide feedback on the member. It looks like there over 3600 books people offered to lend, but not all of them are still available (e.g., have already been lent out).
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote