Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Aarrgggghhh! Fictionwise

Tonight I searched Fictionwise for books in the .epub format... Everything was Erotica, bar a few, and they were only available in US or CA...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
Zina
Bookworm
Zina began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Hi, Lene. Yeah, FW doesn't like us here in Oz. I've been very frustrated by the geographical restrictions they have - not sure if it would work, but possibly getting a bank account/credit card on a US bank might be a way of getting around it.

Zina
Zina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Tonight I searched Fictionwise for books in the .epub format... Everything was Erotica, bar a few, and they were only available in US or CA...
I have the same problem, FW doesn't like people from Europe either Almost all Multiformat eBooks have no geographical restriction though. What I do to make my search a bit easier and less disappointing is choosing Multiformat first and then check the eBooks in that section.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, you can choose "Deadtown", Urban Fantasy and no geographical restrictions I'm happy to find a place where I can buy non ePub books, the problem usually now.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 01-11-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Well, I'm just about ready to become a PIRATE An old woman of 60

Never too late to learn...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina View Post
Hi, Lene. Yeah, FW doesn't like us here in Oz.
They hate us in Albion too
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina View Post
Hi, Lene. Yeah, FW doesn't like us here in Oz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
They hate us in Albion too
It it starting to look like they hate everybody not from the North American continent and they dislike those in the northern part of the North American continent...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #8
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
To be fair, it's not Fictionwise, but the publishers who hate us non-Americans.

As a reader outside of the USA who won't purchase books with DRM I find it quite a challenge to find ebook retailers who will take my money.

Baen Books works for science-fiction (and has some pretty well-known authors).
There are plenty of places to get free public domain books too.

Maybe someone should do up a list of places that sell books without geographic restrictions (or DRM for that matter).
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgreedo View Post
To be fair, it's not Fictionwise, but the publishers who hate us non-Americans.

As a reader outside of the USA who won't purchase books with DRM I find it quite a challenge to find ebook retailers who will take my money.

Baen Books works for science-fiction (and has some pretty well-known authors).
There are plenty of places to get free public domain books too.

Maybe someone should do up a list of places that sell books without geographic restrictions (or DRM for that matter).
you should make this suggestion over at News and Commentary
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:

We Pirates welcome you aboard, matey. Our ship is well stocked with all kinds of booty and we're constantly sailin', argghhh!

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
jude
jude began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:

hahaha - I've thought of that too. At the moment http://www.cyberread.com/ has been the place to get books that FW refuses to sell me. Also I have on occasion changed my country.... oops slip of the finger.... and bought from FW that way - only because I had credits and nothing to spend them on....
jude is offline   Reply With Quote