Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Ice Cream Sandwich coming to Samsung Galaxy Tab line

Android Authority reports that Samsung has released its schedule for the update to the Galaxy Tab line...
http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...-0-plus-96355/

Samsung Galaxy Tab owners will be thrilled to hear that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade they’ve been waiting for so many months will start rolling out next month. The update will be available for various Galaxy Tab models, including the Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, 7.7 and 7.0 Plus. In fact, here’s the complete list of Galaxy Tab tablet models that will get ICS:

GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI

GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G

GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI

GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G

GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI

GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G

GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI

GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

While the ICS updates will start in July, Sam Mobile reports that most of them are planned for August, so some waiting is still in order. The news seems to be confirmed at this time by Samsung Canada, whose Galaxy Tab ICS upgrade schedule is also set for July and August.

In addition to all the Android 4.0 features you’re expecting to discover and enjoy on your Android tablet, the ICS update is supposed to bring various performance improvements to your Galaxy Tab’s battery and speed.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Android Authority reports that Samsung has released its schedule for the update to the Galaxy Tab line...
http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...-0-plus-96355/

Samsung Galaxy Tab owners will be thrilled to hear that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade they’ve been waiting for so many months will start rolling out next month. The update will be available for various Galaxy Tab models, including the Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, 7.7 and 7.0 Plus. In fact, here’s the complete list of Galaxy Tab tablet models that will get ICS:

GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI

GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G

GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI

GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G

GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI

GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G

GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI

GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

While the ICS updates will start in July, Sam Mobile reports that most of them are planned for August, so some waiting is still in order. The news seems to be confirmed at this time by Samsung Canada, whose Galaxy Tab ICS upgrade schedule is also set for July and August.

In addition to all the Android 4.0 features you’re expecting to discover and enjoy on your Android tablet, the ICS update is supposed to bring various performance improvements to your Galaxy Tab’s battery and speed.
HEY! HEY! HEY!
I AM READY!

Bring it on. I love ice-cream.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Duze
Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, Nook Color (CM7), Nexus 7 (pre-ordered), GTab 7+ (sold)
I just sold my galaxy tab 7+ because I got tired of being jerked around by samsung waiting for the ICS release.

At first it was suppose to be released in Q1, then April, then may, then June... and now they are saying in July or August. Its almost like they couldn't figure out how to release it, but don't worry if you really want ICS you could buy this new tablet they released months ago with worse specs and its only selling point is it has ICS.

Im just tired of them blowing smoke up my ass.
Duze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Duze
Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ohh yeah and I forgot the worse part is not the jerking us around with the official update. It was when they refused to release the source code for the wifi drivers (from what I understand to be part of the licensing agreement), making it impossible for anyone to create a 3rd part rom for it.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Well I'm a Galaxy Tab owner and I'm not thrilled.

That's because I've got the original tab which isn't getting the upgrade. To make matters worse it's one supplied by Orange UK which has not supplied a gingerbread update and is leaving all their users on Froyo.

Looks like I'm going to have to break their hold on it and get it rooted and stick a new firmware on it manually. Not looking forward to that.

Last edited by ghostyjack; 06-25-2012 at 10:35 AM.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
doonasmith
doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doonasmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Cool news. I have been waiting for this update for a long while ago. Now its time from Samsung Tab 10.1 to get the ICS update. Thanks for the info.
doonasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
When I went in the Navy oh so long ago I was a tec. I loved taking things apart, putting them back together, tweaking, adusting, calibrating, tuning, oiling, polishing, fixing. I walked, talked, swam, dreamed tec stuff. Then after 2 years working with all kinds of aircraft, I realized that I wanted to fly them, not work on them, and I told the Navy that I would not re-up unless I flew. If need be, I would go into another service. Even the Army. Thus began my flying career.

Now days though I am still aware of tec stuff, I much prefer using machines than working on their innards so I didn't really mind what edition hardware or software is on my machine as long as they work and do what I want and need.

So what is the point of what I said?

From the flyer: Don't buy something that doesn't already do what you need it to do.

From that young tec guy: The first model of anything will have the most problems. Wait at least for the second model.

From the flyer: Listen to that young tec guy. He set me on the right path long ago.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:53 AM   #8
WritePR
Gadget Girl/Avid Reader
WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook Color, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duze View Post
I just sold my galaxy tab 7+ because I got tired of being jerked around by samsung waiting for the ICS release.

At first it was suppose to be released in Q1, then April, then may, then June... and now they are saying in July or August. Its almost like they couldn't figure out how to release it, but don't worry if you really want ICS you could buy this new tablet they released months ago with worse specs and its only selling point is it has ICS.

Im just tired of them blowing smoke up my ass.
Samsung never said they would send the ICS update to the Galaxy Tabs in Q1. Ever. They did say they'd start pushing updates then, but they meant to their phones. I really don't get the tantrums about this. I mean seriously, did your Tab not function because it didn't have ICS? It's just a ridiculous thing to have a tantrum over, yet I see posts on Android forums all over the net from people stomping their feet and screaming over a stupid update. I love my Galaxy Tab 10.1 just the way it is and will welcome the update when it comes. Until then, I am going to enjoy my tablet.
WritePR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:56 AM   #9
WritePR
Gadget Girl/Avid Reader
WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WritePR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook Color, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duze View Post
Ohh yeah and I forgot the worse part is not the jerking us around with the official update. It was when they refused to release the source code for the wifi drivers (from what I understand to be part of the licensing agreement), making it impossible for anyone to create a 3rd part rom for it.
If t helps, there are plenty of custom ICS roms on XDA Developers that work just fine except for the cameras, because the drivers aren't available for them.
WritePR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #10
Duze

Quote:
Originally Posted by WritePR View Post
If t helps, there are plenty of custom ICS roms on XDA Developers that work just fine except for the cameras, because the drivers aren't available for them.
There is a big difference between a tablet that cant use its camera compared to a tablet that cant use its wifi.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #11
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Well I'm a Galaxy Tab owner and I'm not thrilled.

That's because I've got the original tab which isn't getting the upgrade. To make matters worse it's one supplied by Orange UK which has not supplied a gingerbread update and is leaving all their users on Froyo.

Looks like I'm going to have to break their hold on it and get it rooted and stick a new firmware on it manually. Not looking forward to that.
Hi Ghosty -- I am in the same drifting boat as you. I own the first SGT from T-Mobile and it really is criminal that there hasn't been a single update to the Froyo that came on the tab.

Please share you rooting/ update experience here on the forum for your fellow SGT Froy-oers

Regards,

SonDan
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #12
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
Hi Ghosty -- I am in the same drifting boat as you. I own the first SGT from T-Mobile and it really is criminal that there hasn't been a single update to the Froyo that came on the tab.

Please share you rooting/ update experience here on the forum for your fellow SGT Froy-oers

Regards,

SonDan
I will do.

I'm hoping to make a start on this within the next month or so.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #13
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
ICS has finally showed up on the Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200 and P6210) - and the difference is like night and day everything's smoother now - the slight lag in HC to do anything is gone. It's about as responsive as an iPad now. Not as fast as the Nexus 7, but With Chrome and the SD slot, along with HDMI support, it'll do.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
ICS has finally showed up on the Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200 and P6210) - and the difference is like night and day everything's smoother now - the slight lag in HC to do anything is gone. It's about as responsive as an iPad now. Not as fast as the Nexus 7, but With Chrome and the SD slot, along with HDMI support, it'll do.
Hey where did you download this?
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Might be from here?
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/36...oid404-ics.htm
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote