Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
Thirteen
Thirteen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Random Blank Book that forces restart?

Okay, so I was trying to find a clue on how to fix my Kobo and decided that it was best to just ask myself.

So for a little while I've had a random blank book on the top of the list in the library. It has no title, no image, and says Unknown Author. When I hold down on it to delete like I can do others (or edit, etc.) it doesn't get the little drop down with my options. Just turns black. Upon touching it, it freezes the kobo for a few moments and then forces it to restart.

I don't see any anomalies in the Adobe Digital Editions books (they're all there.) nor the kobo purchased books. I clicked the little restart on the back in an attempt to fix it and it did nothing except bring back the starter little books given by kobo, leaving me the cruddy little blank force restart book.

Any solutions?

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-31-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This sounds to me like a corrupted database on the Touch

As far as I know the only option is to do a factory reset of the Touch and reload all content onto it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Thirteen
Thirteen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I broke down and did a factory reset. It did fix it, even if I lost all my achievements and book notations. Ah well, I'm glad it's fixed and I didn't lose any files on my programs so it just re-downloaded them all. C'est la vie!
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The achievements should have sync'ed over via WiFi to the Kobo cloud.....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blankebook, forcerestart, restart, touch