Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Metrogenic
Metrogenic began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where to purchase a Japanese PRS-650 from the US?

I'm new here, and new to e-readers, so I'd appreciate any help I can get! My wife is Japanese but we live in the US, and I want to purchase a Sony Reader (probably a PRS-650) for her, as it seems to have the best book selection out of all the Japanese readers (correct me if I'm wrong).

However, I can't find any stores, B&M or online, that ship Japanese Sony Readers to the US. Any suggestions? She reads a ton of paperbacks, and I think this would make a great birthday present if I can get my hands on it (too bad I'm not heading to Japan anytime soon). If all else fails, I can use a proxy service, but I'd rather go the most straightforward route. Thanks for your help!
Metrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Does she have friends in japan? Ask one of them to send it to you?

Im planning on asking family to buy mine but im waiting to see if theyll release a newer model first.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Metrogenic
Metrogenic began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, I actually ended up doing that. I was hoping there was an easier way to do this, but I fortunately have friends that were willing to help out. Now we'll see how good this thing is!
Metrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote