Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
OutaDaDark
OutaDaDark began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Text (.txt) files to PRS (.note) format

Does anyone know how to easily convert .txt files to .note format?

I attend open mic nights (I'm a guitarist) and I'd like to keep the lyrics of some of my songs handy (until they're embedded in the old grey matter .

I know I could enter them as epubs but I'd rather not have a lot of books with a single page or have to page through a single book while the audience lose interest and leave.....

Someone must have an easy solution.

Ta
OutaDaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Why is this necessary? The PRS-650 should open .txt-files too, doesn´t it?
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
OutaDaDark
OutaDaDark began at the beginning.

Yes, but it doesn't allow editing of .txt files if I ever change lyrics on the fly as a Text Memo (.note) does.
OutaDaDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
dminoz
Enthusiast
dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dminoz can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I'm intending on looking into this a bit myself, and for much the same reason.

The note files on the Reader are XML files, despite their ".note" extension. It should be possible to get an XML editor that will do the job. I've looked at a couple, but they have all sorts of complicated menus and options, way too many for me to bother learning about. It sounds like all you and I are both after is a way to simply edit note files on our PCs. Must be possible...
dminoz is offline   Reply With Quote