Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
foxql
foxql began at the beginning.

Device: none
how to connect to ids?

hello everyone,
i bought a book edition from irexshop.
but i found that i can't install any third party soft to the ebook. every soft from this forum,just like ipdf and fbreader.
so i think maybe because i didn't sign it on myirex.
but after i register the myirex, and profile the ebook setting. i found that it
always said connect unsuccessfully .
i use adsl .
what's wrong with it ?

anyone can help me ?
thanks alot.
foxql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds as if you've not entered the correct username and password for your "myirex" account on the iLiad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
foxql

i entered correctly in iliad
and i test wired connect in iliad profile,it will say unsuccessfully
Old 03-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If it's not the logon credentials, then the obvious suspect is the actual network connection itself. Have you tried using a different network cable? Is the iLiad showing up as a connected device on your router?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
foxql

Harry ,thank you for your quickly answer.
i tried and failed again
maybe because i connected through the adsl directly not through router
and the adsl need usename and password
but the book edition has nowhere to fill them in
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxql View Post
Harry ,thank you for your quickly answer.
i tried and failed again
maybe because i connected through the adsl directly not through router
and the adsl need usename and password
but the book edition has nowhere to fill them in
I think that's your problem, yes. You can't directly connect the iLiad to ADSL because it can't do the "logging on". If you have a PC, you could use Windows' "Internet Connection Sharing" in which the PC acts as a router for other devices on the network. All you'd need would be a "hub" into which to plug both the PC and the iLiad. They are very inexpensive.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
foxql

oh,i have to look for a net line tomorrow.

and one more question: does it necessary to connect to ids, if i need to install Third Party soft?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxql View Post
oh,i have to look for a net line tomorrow.

and one more question: does it necessary to connect to ids, if i need to install Third Party soft?
Yes, you need to request the "Developer Access" package via your "myirex" account, and then use IDS to install this on the iLiad. This has to be present in order to install new applications on the iLiad.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
foxql

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, you need to request the "Developer Access" package via your "myirex" account, and then use IDS to install this on the iLiad. This has to be present in order to install new applications on the iLiad.
I got it .
Thank you!
:2th umbsup
Old 03-22-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
foxql

i found a net line now
and my pc connect to net by used this net line freely
needn't any usename and password or any spectial settings
but when i use it to connect with my book edition
it failed again

who can help me ?!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
If you are using ADSL and are located in China, chances are you need a username and password. It may be stored in a profile in your computer so that you don't need to enter them everytime you logon using the computer. Try connect through a router and store your username and password in the router, so it logs on and establish a connection automatically. You iliad can connect to the internet through the router.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote