Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #166
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Worse comes to worse, you can ask Amazon's Customer Service to roll your device back prior to the 4.1.1 update and to stop it from auto-updating. You'd have to contact them in the future to get the updates manually, though.

I've been on the Amazon Kindle forum a lot in my alter ego, and the main problem with the 4.1.1/4.5.1/4.5.2 updates seeme to be with dramatically lowered volume levels. I haven't seen much mention of Silk freezing. My only experience with it freezing is occasionally when typing in response to a post, but I haven't noticed any freezing when opening or closing web pages. Others have mentioned the typing lags on the Kindle forum's website, but I don't know if they were using the Silk browser.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #167
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
Worse comes to worse, you can ask Amazon's Customer Service to roll your device back prior to the 4.1.1 update and to stop it from auto-updating. You'd have to contact them in the future to get the updates manually, though.

I've been on the Amazon Kindle forum a lot in my alter ego, and the main problem with the 4.1.1/4.5.1/4.5.2 updates seeme to be with dramatically lowered volume levels. I haven't seen much mention of Silk freezing. My only experience with it freezing is occasionally when typing in response to a post, but I haven't noticed any freezing when opening or closing web pages. Others have mentioned the typing lags on the Kindle forum's website, but I don't know if they were using the Silk browser.
A few here in the other Kindle Fire thread have had Silk problems. So far so good since the reset. Have to see if draining problem is fixed but no freezing or sluggish yet. Do keep in mind I have HD 7 not HDX 7 so it's a different device with different hardware.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:44 AM   #168
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So my Kindle Fire HD 7 woes continue. I am going to try another Factory reset. This time the battery died in one day after a full charge and in standby. I had already removed almost every app. GSAM says it's Kindle as I think it keeps getting stuck syncing well that's my theory. I wish it had never upgraded it was a really good tablet now it barely works. It locks ups, freezes and at random battery just drains to 0%.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #169
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Just report back so far so good after 3 days of use. I am convinced the new backup and restore feature is what cause the tablet to go nuts last time after the first factory reset. Two features I recommend to stay away from is Family Profiles and Backup and Restore. I finally got both off and my tablet seems to be working right again after a second factory reset.